“Disgusting”

Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Monahans
Tucson, Arizona, United States
“Disgusting”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

This place was a dump. Smelled like smoke despite being a non-smoking room, holes in the walls one 8 inches LONG, black mold EVERYWHERE, faucet and tub stopper coming out of the WALL, trash behind the nightstand, dusty, staff RUDE, gave the inconvenient look when I asked for extra towels, when I told of the damage, they told me to call the BBB and went back to watching their movie there in the dirty lobby, continental breakfast was honey buns and horrible coffee, laundry facility EXPENSIVE. and only one washer. WIFI locked so you couldn't use it. Floors not vacuumed. They have the wrong address on their website, so don't bother using GPS, you won't find it. I would NOT recommend this motel to anyone. Owner parked their vehicles in the front so def do not go if you are disabled, you won't make it to the front door.

Room Tip: Do not stay here if you don't want to itch for a week.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Tiffany K

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
California, USA
Reviewed August 4, 2012

My daughter and I stopped here on our way to Dallas. Only place available that took pets. Found dead adult lice on mattress. Noise was awful. 105 degrees out, Pool was empty. Left at 12:30 am because my daughter was terrified. Charged 139.00 plus 35.00 for dog. I have put my dog in much better places for far less. This place should be shut down.

Room Tip: Do not stay here if you can avoid it.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Mrs B

Travelers are raving about these Monahans hotels

Susanville, California
Reviewed May 6, 2012

102 degree and pool was empty with garbage in it. Asked manager\owner about it and he said pool was open in june. We visited in May. Told me he didnt care about customer service and even parked his car in the check in area so we had to walk thru parking lot. When I commented about his attitude, he informed me he didnt care about what his customers thought, this was his motel and he would do what he wanted. I told him the website showed a pool and did not say it was seasonal and he called the cops stating that he was not going to argue. We were in for a wedding party with @ 80 people and couldnt even get our rooms cleaned on a regular basis. I asked a housekeeper to come back later after we woke up and we never got room cleaned. Horrible motel. Bugs everywhere and dirty rooms. Bathrooms were filty. Asked for fresh linens and the lady acted like we were bothering her. Very rude people! Would not recommend this hotel to an enemy. Stay away. Best Western is more expensive but well worth the money. Do not give this guy your money. He says he will get it from the oil people & treats you like crap!!

Room Tip: Dont stay here. Horrible service and run down hotel with arrogant owner/manager!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank Ashley R
California
Reviewed August 11, 2011

We ended up at the motel because all of the Best Western and all others hotels and motels for miles around were booked due to oil field worker boom, but was happy to find a room for the night.
Older motel but was clean and conformable. Next to two major truck gas stations, but due to being very tired did not effect our stay. Very few other amenities, but it served our purpose, [a shower and a bed] with the exception of being over priced, but then again due to the shortage or rooms it could have been much worst.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Kartvines
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We were forced to stay here because all other hotels were completely filled up.
The room was dirty. The bathtub had dirty water in it, and the soap dish had a used bar of soap and was full of water. The ice maker was broken and it was 100 degree.
There was abolutely no friendly service. We went in for out continental breakfast and there was a box of honeybuns but no coffee. There was an outrageous price of $84.70
for this dump. Vending machines were empty.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank sarge001
Oakland, CA
Reviewed August 8, 2008

Beware on-line Bookers-
A group of 7 of us were in Monahan's for a funeral. We had made on-line reservations for two double bed rooms @$105.00 + tax per room per night. "Best Rate available"
When we arrived we asked for two additional rooms with single beds. The room rate if we had walked in off the street was $70.00+tax and $79.99+ tax respectfully. We were told that becaused we had made online reservations for the two rooms that all of the rooms would be charged at the $105.00 + rate. (No matter how many beds we had in a room) We tried to explain that only two rooms were booked online, the clerk would not listen to us. It was 12:00am, we had been traveling since 6:00am, and we decided to settle it in the morning.
Once in the room, the blankets were threadbare, the bedspread falling apart, there was one towel per person, the window would not open, the air conditioner was extremely loud. I wondered about bedbugs. In one room in our party, the bathroom sink would not drain. The housekeeper walked in at 9:00am after "one" knock asking for our used towels. The continental breakfast consisted of at 8:30am one packaged pastry and coffee.
The sign advertising the "America's Best Value Inn-Colonial Inn' stated 'Newly renovated rooms" "Continental Breakfast'. My mother was recovering from recent surgery and the group consensus was that the rooms were unacceptable(and we are travelers). I told the desk clerk that my party was checking out due to unacceptable rooms. We asked to speak with the manager/owner and she refused even though the clerk spoke with her three times in our presence. We were told that we would be charged through the online reservation agency. It was decided that 2 of us would stay to honor the reservations. The rest of us checked into the Best Western @ $105.00+ per night.(The same price) A welcome surprise for such a small town, worth the cost per night. A real continental breakfast, not coffee and a piece of toast!
Well once home, I checked my credit card receipts and I was charged $239.00 for two additional nights even though I had checked out. In recap, our group was charged for four rooms for one night, and three rooms for two nights, even though we were in two rooms for two nights. My credit card was charged a total of $359.31. Not though the online reservations firm, but through the motel, after I had checked out. Once home, I then called and asked for room rates and was told that the rate was $70.00 for a single and $79.99 for a double. All the rooms were charged at the online rate, even though the rate if you walked in off the street or called the rate was much lower and also took into consideration senior discounts and AAA.
This America's Best Value Inn- Colonial Inn deserves to lose it's license and the owner/manager needs to take a course in customer service. My mother and her sisters were in town for their brother's funeral, there were limited choices and we were fully taken advantage of. Shame!!!!!

• Liked — NOTHING
  • Disliked — OVERPRICED!!!!, ROOMS NEEDED RENOVATING , POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
5 Thank SPARKOakland_CA
Texas
Reviewed July 29, 2008

I was in Monahans for a funeral. Wanted a clean place to stay that didn't cost an arm and a leg. Was graciously shown a room when I asked them...and also given an early check in. Nice, clean and spacious. Pool was also very clean and inviting. Staff/owner ...everyone was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was disappointing. Very limited on what they have. We were there between 8-8:30 and there was no milk....and no one to be found to ask for more. Had dry cereal and coffee. Definately needs improvement there.

• Liked — clean and convenient
  • Disliked — breakfast
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple