“Owner is very RUDE”

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Monahans
Houston, Texas
“Owner is very RUDE”
Reviewed February 21, 2011

I booked room and to cancel the very next morning. The same person i had spoken to 8 hours earlier refused to cancel room and not run my credit card. I had to call credit card company to dispute the charges. BEWARE before you give this hotel your credit card information!!!!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
25 Thank GeorgeBoe
44600, Manager at Best Western Plus Monahans Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 22, 2011
Dear Sir/Madam, When Guest Called To Make The Reservation The Guest Was Made Aware That Cancellation Deadline For Your Reservation Was Passed. So Once You Conform The Reservation, It Will Not Be Cancelled. Guest Agree To That. Conformation E-Mail Was Sent To The Guest To His E-Mail Adress Provided During Reservation Stating The Cancellation Policy. Next Day Guest Called To Cancel The Reservation, I Told Him Hotel Is Not Able To Cancel The Reservation & Creditcard Will Be Charged For One Night.Guest Also Called The Bestwestern Corporate Office & They Told Him The Same Thing That Hotel Has To Charge For One Night Because The Deadline Has Passed.So Hotel Is Not At Fault.So Guest Got Upset & Wrote Nagative Review. So Taking Facts In Consideration I Request To Remove The Review. Thank You. Andy Patel, G.M Contect # 432-943-3360

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Midland, Texas
Reviewed December 20, 2010

I stay at Best Western every time I am in the area on business. After a long day at work, I like to come to a place where it is clean and peaceful. Best Western has always made my stay just that. Rooms and restrooms are large. Staff is friendly.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed September 22, 2010

I had a great stay, wonderful clean room, nice staff, fantasstic coffee. If I had to pick anything to complain about its that the beds are so comfortable I almost didnt get up, no lie! Great job guys!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Reviewed September 20, 2010

I am a repeat guest at Best Western Inn & Suites in Monahans, TX, and I return because of the value and service I consistently receive from the manager, Andy Patel, and his staff. My travel is business related in the West Texas area, and on more than one occasion this hotel has accommodated my changing business meeting needs.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Jim S
Reviewed July 8, 2010

We stayed there in june 2010 the service was great breakfast excellent you get fruit, bagels, muffins little size donuts little cereal milk coffe waffles bacon egg oble we ask for late check out and was not proberm at all i would recomended nothing negative about this hotel

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
San Antonio
Reviewed September 8, 2009

They overcharged me for an extra night. When I asked them about it the woman behind the counter called the manager and had to plead him to come help her out. He reluctantly came out of his office and told her to release the holds. A few days later I was incurring overlimit fees at my bank. They had not fully released the extra 2 holds!!! That's right, I was over charged twice!!! I called and explained my problem but was told that it was not their problem. I told the woman that the bank just needed one phone call to clear up the holds but she refused, was extremely rude, and hung up on me!! The manager ANDY, had told her that she did not have to call and that they would not make any call. IT IS WAY OVERPRICED, THE BREAKFAST IS TERRIBLE AND THE ROOMS ARE EXTREMELY OUTDATED!! I would rather stay across the street at the TEXAN or THE COLONIAL INN. Yes, they are a bit run down, but at least they know how to treat their customers.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
16 Thank wtxwelder
Carlsbad, CA
Reviewed May 27, 2009

A web site quoted their policy as pets allowed for a $10.00 fee. We made a reservation, and upon our arrival after an eight hour drive, we were informed that pets are not allowed. We showed the desk clerk the policy on the computer and she said that she doesn't know when they changed it but that it no longer applies. When we asked if there was another hotel nearby shrugged her shoulders and said there's one down the street. She was completely disinterested in assisting us further. When we said that we do not expect to be charged for the night, she said it would be up to her manager (even though it was their mistake). Their customer service is terrible and their policies cannot be trusted.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple