“Good Family Place and Food”
Review of Bar H Steakhouse

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Bar H Steakhouse
Ranked #13 of 21 Restaurants in Monahans
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Thsi restaurant is a family place. Good food, and good service. I always stop here with each tri8p to Moa=nahans Texas.

Reviewed November 11, 2011

The only good thing is the salad bar which is on an old wagon (kinda neat). The salad bar has beans and a soup of the day which is usually pretty good. I wouldn't order much off the menu, scary to think what goes on behind that kitchen door. It's very dark and gloomy inside, not dim lighting as in romantic but makes u wonder if they paid the electric bill.

Reviewed August 3, 2011

While languishing in Monohans, TX, on a consulting job, I wandered into the Bar H Steakhouse for a meal with colleagues. I was cautiously optimistic in a town not known for gastronomic delights, fast food seemingly the primary offerings. The Bar H is housed in a former K-Bob or some other chain steahouse little updated since 1975. Ambience was nill.

My companions and I decided to order one of the more expensive steaks on the menu (a ribeye for me), hoping that it would be good. We began our meal with a trip to the salad bar, which offered wilted and yellowing broccoli, mouldering cauliflower, and iceberg lettuce with tomatoes that had seen better days. The meal that followed wasn't much better.

If you like your veggies from a can (green beans), your mashed potatoes from a box,
and a steak tough enough that half was inedible, the Bar H is just the place for you. Unless you have no other options, and believe me Monohans offers very few options (think DQ, MickyDs, Pizza Hut, etc.), don't waste your appetite, money or time on this place. Drive on to Odessa.
Neal