“Very nice, big, comfortable king size bed, very clean room and bathroom, nice flat screen TV, well furnished.”
Review of Texan Inn

Texan Inn
Texan Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Monahans B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

We're staying here as I write this...it looks like it has been remodeled, we have a very nice room with a big, comfortable king size bed. The room is very clean, no smells, also a nice clean bathroom. Refreshing not to feel revolted to touch anything and lay on a clean bed!
A nice find on an ice storm day of traveling...highly recommended if your need a stop in the west
Texas, Permian Basin area.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank MariliaClark

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Reserving this room was a nightmare. I called in advance and chose this place because it was cheapest compared to other hotels. They were very rude over the phone. Upon arriving at the hotel I went into the office with a polite and positive attitude. Got my key and went into our room. Room smelled a little funny but for one night it was fine. The nightmare came when we had to take a shower. My mother, husband and 3 kids and I were all supposed to share two towels. They argued with me and suggested that my family and I were animals for all staying in one room. My husband and I were finally able to get two more towels out of them with out them charging us for a whole other room!!!! This hotel is ran poorly and I will never stay here again. I would rather pay an extra 100$ at a more accommodating hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here for some sleep while on a long road trip. It was par for the course for hotels in the booming oil fields-over priced, a little shabby even though it was recently remodeled. But it was a room.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank IncredibleWoody
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We arrived about 10PM but the inn keeper had waited up for us. The moment he had our money and sent us around to the back of the building the front door was locked and the lobby closed. We found the room to be clean with surprisingly good beds. The TV, air conditioning etc worked fine. The bath and towels were worn.
We were parked on the back side and well out of sight of the roads and other people. It was a bit scary arriving at night among some tough looking neighbors.
We were making an early departure and when we opened the door to leave, it was still dark and there was NO security lighting left on. Apparently sometime after 10 ALL security lighting is turned off. We managed to get loaded up and were thankful that our car and belongings were still there.
The $100 plus we paid for the room was excessive. But in this part of Texas, the motels are all full of oil field workers who have few choices.
Best advice, plan your trip so you can bypass Monahans, Odessa, and Midland Texas...

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms at the back where the vehicles are out of sight, and the security lights go off just...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CrankyOldGuy
Reviewed September 1, 2012

With the recent oil boom going on out in west texas it is very hard to find a hotel room for a reasonable price. I would not regularly stay in a local hotel that is not a chain however I was not paying $260 for a room that I could get for $115 in most places. So that took me to the Texan Inn. They room was clean and looked to have been recently remolded. There where no frills in the room but it was a clean place to sleep.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Scott D
Reviewed January 19, 2012

After tax this room is over $100. It is dated and is absolutely no frills. It stinks and the beds aren't comfortable. Holes in the walls and an old 19"tube television. I forgot my hat and went back for it but housekeeping stole it. No coffee on site. The McDonalds down the street DOES suck and if you get a fountain soda in this town it tastes like well water.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed December 28, 2011

I hated this place... looks ok from the outside! Walk in the room and the gross smell of cigarette smoke hits you! There's burn holes and burn marks all on the furniture. There's holes in the sheets and towels. No coffee pot. I hates this place I really didn't want to even stay but I already had my dogs in the room, which they really don't allow. I don't know why they don't in this raggedy place tho! For $89 ... this place is definitely not worth it! Oh and the McDonald's sucks in this town to!!!!

• Stayed: December 2011