Comfort Inn & Suites Monahans
MainStaySuites
$100
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 28, 2011

Worst Hotel in Choice hotel chain I have ever stayed at. Price was in excess of $130 with tax, in a town of limited services and restaurants. Night I stayed, both Hi speed internet and satelite TV service were down (entire night), and was not informed of outage at check in. Save yourself at least $50 and drive to Midland-Odessa, Odessa Comfort Inn and Suites has all the same amenities + indoor pool...you can also use the money you saved at a real restaurant instead of a Dairy Queen.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank TomDFW
TXC21, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Monahans, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2011

Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay. I appreciate you taking the time to advise us of your dissatisfaction. There is never an excuse for providing a valued guest, such as you, with anything less than a perfect experience. During the date of your stay our provider experienced a service outage that affected the internet and cable services. This affected the entire Monahans area. Everyone with this provider experienced this. I hope you can understand that this issue was not under the hotel's control and we kept in constant communication with not only the internet/cable provider, but all of our guests.

We hope that if you return to Monahans you come back to visit us again to see that this is not a normal occurrence and you can enjoy every aspect of your stay. Thank you and safe travels.

Reviewed October 30, 2010

I work for oil field service company. I along with my crew have stayed at this hotel on a weekly basis for 1 to 2 nights a week for 3 months now. They have plenty of parking for big rig trucks right next to they hotel with no worries. Fitness room actually has weights and it has a mini-golf course to play around in.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone working around the area or passing through town.

The rooms are always clean, the breakfast is great (way better than huddle house), plus the staff is very friendly and professional.

Thanks again for great stay.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 31, 2010

We are Choice Hotel VIP members, we stay at Comfort Inns across the United States, we know what to expect. The first room they put us in had papers with writings on them and toys left in the desk and under the ottoman. We were moved to another room. This one had an elephant above us. We asked to move again and they accomodated us. We then put on our swimsuits to go enjoy the indoor pool and hot tub. My daughter jumped in the pool, came up saying something she shouldn't have, and scrambled out immiediately because it was FRIGID! My mother and I got in the hot tub and it was lukewarm. When we asked about how to turn the temperature up, we were told that it was 95 degrees (yes, lower than body temp.) and that there was no way to raise the temperature. We went back to our room, changed, called Best Western to see if they had a hot hot tub and we left Comfort Inn. At 2:33 a.m. and again at 4:53 a.m. our phone rang in our Best Western hotel room. As NO ONE knew where we were and we have cell phones, and the front desk told us that it was a man asking for my mother by name, we figured it had to be Comfort Inn trying to find where we'd gone to for our three-night stay. This was confirmed when a Comfort Inn staff person called our room, asked for my mother by name, and asked her to come back to finish our stay. When my mother asked how she knew to contact us at Best Western, she said she had been handed a note to call us and do damage control! Again, we've stayed at literally 18 Comfort Inns this summer with all of our traveling across this country and we only had one other bad experience, and nowhere near as absolutely horrible as this experienece in Monahans. Please do NOT go to this hotel. You WILL regret it.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank TexasScopist
Reviewed May 22, 2010

The staff was helpful and caring. The rooms looked like they came out of a travel magazine (Beautiful). The Decorators know a thing or two about fashion and style. There was a pool, hot tub, bussiness center, minature golf, a work out room. The breakfast was supurb. Biscuts and gravy, bacon, sausage, eggs, ceareal, begels, and much more I will stay with them any chance I get. You are the best place I have stayed. Thank you for making my stay above and beyond and be sure to thank the staff for their help and attention.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 5, 2010

Beautiful, classy new hotel. Rooms were large and beds were plush. Great bathroom with lots of storage areas. Flat screen TV's. Frig and microwave. Beautiful, cozy beakfast area with full breakfast; i.e., fresh scrambled eggs, bacon, and biscuits, plus the usual cold cereal and sweet muffins, and yogurt which we hadn't seen at other hotels, bagels, and fresh fruit. Would highly recommend this hotel. The staff was friendly and personable.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business