“New chef in August, new restaurant right away”
Review of Coco Pazzo by Aura - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian, American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Town Ship Lane
Description: We currently are, and will remain OPEN FOR BUSINESS, in our Missouri City location...we just signed a new lease! Aura Restaurant/AURA Brasserie will Relocate to Sugar Land Town Square this month! Chef Perrier will transform AURA Restaurant (Missouri City) into Coco Pazzo by AURA on November 12, 2012. Just a few weeks later, AURA Brasserie will open it's doors in Sugar Land on City Walk. However, you may enjoy Chef's creations in Missouri City TONIGHT! It may be 'called' Aura or Coco Pazzo, either 'name' will please your palette!
Houston, Texas
“New chef in August, new restaurant right away”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

This is tucked away in a shopping center off Highway 6 and is not the easiest thing to find in the world of endless retail strips.
However, once inside, the sterility of the locale is forgotten with the warm interior, wonderful smells and the rich acoustics.
However, it is the food that counts more than ever before.
If it is on the menu, try the cioppino, a wonderful collection of perfectly cooked seafood in a light, aromatic broth.
Surprisingly for me, the star of the meal was a meatball, in a cream and mushroom sauce on one side and a tomato sauce on the other. The meat was finely ground, tender and juicy, and it was the best Italian style meatball I have had in decades.
Worth a trip if you live in Houston and I am definitely going back.

• Visited August 2013

Missouri City, Texas
“Wonderful food, lacking on the service”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

My husband and I tried Coco Pazzo after some friends had gone here and said it was excellent. They were correct! The food was delicious! I loved it so much I wanted to come back for my birthday with about 20 of my friends.

My husband contacted the restaurant about making a reservation. Shockingly, they asked what dish I would like to have for my birthday. I could choose anything and the chef would make it for me. I was impressed. There is an item they have at Aura that they do not have at Coco Pazzo and we asked if they could make that as well. They ensured us they could if we asked. When we arrived, we told the waiter that we had to be out of there by 830 (our reservation was at 6). He was very slow to take our orders and when we asked about the special meal he had no idea what I was even talking about. We asked about the other meal as well and he looked at us with an even more blank stare. I would have rather them initially told me no instead of just creating something in their heads. My meal was fine, the other plate was not what had been originally ordered at all. After we were done eating we sat for nearly an hour before the waiter resurfaced and then sounded surprised when we told him we wanted our checks. By this point it was 9pm. We had been finished eating for an hour and I was getting very upset. I was very disappointed in the overall handling of the party. The waiter seemed like he thought he was some sort of comedian.

I will still come back for the food but the whole incident has left a bad taste in my mouth.

I feel like this review would be more beneficial if the owner's actually read and acknowledged them.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank SurfTaco27
Houston, Texas
“Great in all dimensions”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We had a lovely evening there last night. The food was excellent, prices reasonable, ambiance comfortable. Our waiter, Ivan, was a joy and the pace was relaxed. We can't wait to go back.

• Visited May 2013
Sugar Land, Texas
“what a find!”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Tucked away in Missouri City and soon to move to Sugar Land's Town Square is Aura! The restaurant is intimate but serves high caliber food items typical to a big name establishment. I also appreciate that it is entirely family run with the owners' kids busing the tables. Lovely!

Visited September 2012
Missouri City, Texas
“Our favorite "special meal" place”
Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

This is our favorite place to go on special occasions, their wine dinners are exceptional too. The menu always has a surprise or 2.