“It is Hampton Inn Standard. Now I know why they guaranty 100% satisfaction.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Mission
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Mission
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 10, 2012

We checked in at 3PM. The receptionists were quick and courteous. The fountain near the front desk was a nice touch. Not every Hampton Inn has that. The rooms were clean and needless to say Hampton standard. Not noisy, so I had a good night sleep. The breakfast offering was extensive and is free. I tried orange tea and it was nice. The stay for the price was worth it. The Hilton Honors program is best in the class and I recommend signing up for one.

• Stayed: June 2011

Reviewed February 24, 2012

Clean, fresh, accommodating, friendly staff, conveniently located, quiet, comfortable. We stayed for four nights and we very happy and satisfied with all aspects of this hotel. The pool area looked very nice, however we didn't get a chance to use it. Breakfast was above average In our opinion. There was a good selection of food and beverage items to choose from both hot and cold. The dining area was clean and very comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 17, 2012

This hotel has been open for about 3 years but my GPS couldn't find the street. Nice enough place. The pool was too cold to swim in. In comparing this hotel to another major hotel brand that I usually stay at, it isn't quite as nice for the price, but it is close. I think the rooms are smaller, there was no sofa to sit on and watch TV. My wife pulled up the easy chair and I used the desk chair. This was a little annoying. I had reserved online through expedia, or something, and at checkout, the clerk had a tough time getting me checked out. The free breakfast was ok but you get what you pay for. I would probably go back to the other brand for my future hotel stays. It's ok but there is too much competition in hotels.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed December 29, 2011

I was very pleasantly surprised by the stay in Mission. The hotel was very clean and accommodating. The front desk staff was nice and helpful. The breakfast area is very big which makes it nice to not have to fight for a place to sit. The room was standard fare but seemed spacious enough. It was nicely decorated and clean. Hotel is close to many restaurants and shopping in the area. All in all, a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Texasdomer
Reviewed November 28, 2011

This is one of the best Hampton Inn's I have ever stayed at. My family and I were there for a weekend family wedding and the accommodations could not have been nicer.

The hotel is easy to get to and there is a large grocery shopping center in front of the hotel so that you can stock up on food, drinks, and snacks. The hotel is fairly new and you can see it from the outside and definitely when you walk in the door.

The hotel staff was nice and very helpful. They have a free breakfast and wi-fi is available throughout the hotel. The breakfast includes danishes, hard boiled eggs, waffles, cereal, juice, and sausage and egg bagels.

The hotel does have a pool but it was too cold and we did not have time to check it out. Our room was very spacious and it had a refrigerator and microwave which was nice because we were traveling with small children. They have basic cable and flat screen tvs and a nice work area if you need to get some work done.

This is probably the best Hampton experience for me. Period. There was a small plumbing and housekeeping issue but it was resolved quickly and not worth going into detail. I would definitely stay and will stay again and recommend to anyone in the area.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the King Suite. It's worth it.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank txact
Reviewed February 7, 2011

This is a rather new hotel as of January 2001, so you can ecpect it to be better than average right there. I mean it is hard to go wrong with the condition of a new hotel vs an old one. This hotel is no different. The rooms are in great shape with everything new. The only worn part was the shower, which had some areas that were showing some water wear, and rust. The room had these buttons that illuminated a light on the outside near the door, which signaled to housekeeping whether to enter your room or not, just like the old fashioned, and still effective, "do not disturb" sign. The key was of the "wave in front of the sensor" variety. The breakfast was nice, typical Hampton faire. It was cold the week I was there (which is rare in this area), and the staff didn't seem to understand that guests wanted coffee available all day, so only Decaf was available, but I guess that is ok in the afternoon. I did have one day in which I left my room and came back and my room wasn't cleaned, and no effort was made to clean it after I came back either. Most better hotels will notice that I have placed the "do not disturb" sign outside after hours of not having it and call me to ask if I need my room made up that day, this one did not. Housekeeping at any hotel can be difficult to achieve, however, unless you leave at dawn. Anyway, I would certainly stay here again if the price remains reasonable (I do have a travel budget), and would recommend it to others, given the same qualification.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Pharmarep1979
Reviewed October 13, 2010

I stayed for one night, the price is right for the clean room that I had. The breakfast wasn't all that, but the attempt was appreciated. i wish I hadnt arrived late so I could have taken a dip in the pool.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mission
Embassy Suites by Hilton McAllen Convention Center
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#5 of 9 in Mission
Hampton Inn & Suites McAllen
La Quinta Inn & Suites Mission at West McAllen
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham McAllen
Holiday Inn Express Suites Mission-Mcallen Area

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Mission? Share your experiences!