“Stinky Stay”

Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Mission
Katy
“Stinky Stay”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I have stayed at this Motel 6 4 times prior to this visit and this was the most disappointing one of all. I was assigned a 3rd floor room, non-smoking, but the entire floor stunk up very very bad. I am currently pregnant and the smell made me feel very sick. The room itself did not smell, but I think it would have had we left the door opened longer. I did let the front desk clerk know that the hall smelled really bad and he was a little concerned that I was up there with my family and that I am pregnant. He just said that the south side of that floor is smoking and he was sorry that I wasn't put on a different floor. The room was just the same as my last visit 3 years prior. Same comforter too. The hotel could use a little update, but it was clean. The price is a little higher because of the area, but at a great location. I will come back and stay here again, but will be requesting the 1st or 2nd floor.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Like Deechee says: "some Motel 6's are better than others. This is definitely a better one." I totally agree. It is a nice and clean Motel 6. Nothing special but everything worked and there were no unpleasant surprises. 4 stars in category "budget motels".

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
McAllen, Texas, United States
Reviewed September 26, 2012

So, Motel 6 is about low-cost overnight stays. I get that. But this Motel 6 is 1-star, for sure. The towels are small and thin, and while they do provide small paper-wrapped soap, they do not provide shampoo or any other bathroom amenities. Nevertheless, the rooms were clean, the A/C was cold, and the shower was hot. Coffee served in the lobby all day.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Scott H
Houston, Texas
Reviewed April 30, 2012

This hotel is clean and ok for a one nights stay. Nothing great about the hotel. I am not sure if would staying here with my wife or family.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Joan G
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Some Motel 6's are better than others. This is definitely a better one. Service is excellent. Alexis, the manager, is very knowledgeable about the area and went out of her way to deliver information regarding neighboring towns after I made an inquiry. I asked for a quiet room, I received a quiet room. The entire staff was friendly and accommodating. This is a newer Motel 6, standard decor, flat screen television, and most importantly, clean. Despite the busy weekend, the staff seemed to be on top of every last thing.
Definitely worth the price.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Deechee
RAM1984
Reviewed March 13, 2010

Stayed for one week. Normally don't choose Motel 6, but needed to watch my budget. This was a newer motel. Had two double beds that were pretty decent. Room was clean. We stayed on the first floor and it had laminate flooring instead of carpet which was nice. Bathroom had a nice tub shower combo with decent water pressure. Vanity had plenty of room for two adult women and all our stuff. Staff was friendly and they have a no noise sign posted at the check in desk. Seemed to work because I don't recall any noise past 10pm even on the weekends. I stayed here for nine nights all total. My only complaint was they only leave two large towels so we had to ask for more daily. But they didn't have a problem giving us more on request. There was one day our room was missed by housekeeping. But that could happen no matter where you stay.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family