“Excellent Customer Service”

Best Western Club House Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Mineral Wells
Reviewed May 14, 2010

In a time when we experience very little or no customer service at all, Gennie Baker went above and beyond to provide what I consider to be excellent customer service! I called her from California wanting to surprise my mother who was staying at this hotel over Mother's Day. Not only did Gennie provide some suggestions, but she was also well informed regarding what type of payment would be accepted. She offered to take care of all the arrangements when she left work, purchase a gift certificate and kindly bill my credit card. She took care of everything right down to including some chocolates with the gift certificate for a special mother away from home on Mother's Day!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo

Reviewed June 29, 2009

We stayed only one night at this hotel last week. I called the hotel to book directly and they beat even the internet non-refundable rate. Our room was extremely large including bed, couch, coffee table, and desk. We also had a small fridge and coffee maker. The room was extremely clean and the bed was very comfortable. The wireless internet worked perfectly, no code or activation required.

In the morning we had a wonderful breakfast. There was coffee, cereal, toast, sweet rolls, oatmeal, and fruit.

The staff was friendly and helpful! The only complaint I would have is that the shower pressure was weak but this is common in most hotels. Overall, this was a great place to stay, I only wish that we could have stayed another night. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CatrinaTX
Reviewed June 25, 2009

5 stars out of 5, just beware the jacuzzi rooms! The manager is a wonderfully helpful fellow who has been attentive every time my husband and I have stayed there, 6th time this year already, and expectations have always been met. The rooms are clean, comfortable and a home away from home for us.

Alas, the free upgrade in rooms led to a jacuzzi disaster - both knobs were loose and whoever used the room before us had stripped one of the knobs entirely and simply balanced the handle - when lightly touched, it would fall off. This meant that the hot water trickled rather loudly for about 2 hours while a maintenance person attempted to fix the issue. Thankfully it drained faster than the flow, but we never did get our evening soak because we didn't want to break it again! So our next stay was also a free upgrade in a different jacuzzi room and it was a delight.

Definitely recommended for business travelers, except weekends do have a lot of screaming children (but don't all hotels?)

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank ellewlw
Reviewed January 16, 2009

I spend a lot of time every year on business in Mineral Wells and this is my pick. I've stayed at others but this is like home. The manager and staff are the same each year and try their best to please you.

The rooms are upgraded with all flat screen tv's and new beds. A lot of the rooms are really large (suites) but they're all nice. It always looks new and you don't really appreciate it until you go somewhere else.

The breakfast is good with hot items. And yes, take all you want!

The internet works great - wired or wireless.

Feel free to email me if you have any questions - I have stayed in most of the rooms over time.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank twomikea
Reviewed October 21, 2006

My wife and I had a 2-day excursion to Mineral Wells and stayed at this Best Western overnight. The front desk staff were very pleasant and helpful. The room was clean and equipped as advertised. The continental breakfast was very good and had a nice variety from which to choose.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank lfswms
Reviewed January 7, 2006

First time in Mineral Wells, staff was very knowledgable and courteous, rooms are very nice and very new, will stay here again if we ever visit Mineral Wells.

• Stayed: January 2006
1  Thank KIRAN P
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 5, 2005

Our family stayed a the Best Western in Mineral Wells Tx for a nearby family reunion. Our experience was a bit disturbing. The hotel was nice and new however, the service was terrible. Room service did not vacuum the floors or wipe any of the counters down. The continental breakfast was a joke. The woman at the front desk was very rude and in the morning she would watch the guests eating breakfast to make sure they only took one item. She was also very rude to my 8 year old son because he took 2 donuts. At the end of our stay we had an additional charge of $15 added to our bill without our knowledge. I called in once we returned home and spoke with the manager. I was told the charge was misc. It took him about 20 minutes to find what the charge was for. He said it was because the towels in the room were soiled. I told him they were not... they were only used for bathing and were nothing more than wet. He told me there was nothing more he could do and the charge would stand. I then called Best Western's corporate headquarters and spoke with a woman there who called the hotel manager directly and said he would not reverse the charges. The corporate headquarters said the hotels are privately owned and that there is nothing the consumer can do. Basically a Best Western hotel can take a consumers credit card and charge anything they wish onto the card and there is nothing that can be done.

Stayed: July 2005