“Great place to spend a few months”

BEST WESTERN Club House Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Mineral Wells
Mineral Wells, Texas, United States
“Great place to spend a few months”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

My company put me up in this hotel from July to December and I cannot say enough good things about it. Kiran, Karen, and Bonnie treated me like family and cheerfully accommodated every request I had. Very clean, great service, nice beds, good location; I'm only leaving because I found an apartment where I can cook (sorry, restaurants get old after half a year!) During my stay, Kiran has steadily upgraded and reinvested in this property; he added twin gazebos and a barbeque grille for guests to use, replaced the TVs with huge flatscreens (46"?), has just added a hot breakfast service in the mornings. I would stay here again without hesitation, and would recommend it to anyone needing accommodations in the area.

Room Tip: If staying in the summer, request an east facing room - the sun heats up the west side a lot.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
KEYYTRIGER, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Club House Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
First let us start with, thank you for the kind words. We continue to strive to accommodate you and the rest of our guests. We want all our guests to feel at home here. Our team deeply appreciate you and look forward to you visiting us again in the future. Kiran Patel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Austin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

As is with many hotels today that offer free breakfasts, this one was starch laden with only hot cereal, dry cereal, toast,breads and such. As one that can not (and even then would prefer not) eat such starchy meals, the money could be better spent on less expensive rooms rather than such food fare or raise the rate 1 or 2 dollars and give better food.

As to the property, it was fine. Clean bathroom, nice bed, fairly quite, secure. Friendly staff. I will be back if needed. Selection of good hotels in Minerals Wells a bit limited. This being the best.

Scale of 1 to 5, is a 4.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
KEYYTRIGER, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Club House Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
We are currently changing our Breakfast Menu to a New Expanded Hot Breakfast. We should have it up and going by 12-1-12. We have listened to you, our valued Customers and are giving you want you need. We hope that this will make your entire stays with us in the future very satisfactory. Thank you for your kind words, input and for being a Loyal Guest to our Best Western Club House Inn & Suites in Mineral Wells, Texas.
Garland, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

We stayed one night at this hotel and it was a very nice stay. Our room was very clean and spacious. The sheets were very soft and the bed was very comfortable. We actually stay here once a year on business and it has been a great experience each time. I loved the fact that they have a Clean Remote for the TV; one that can be santized after each visit.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Shreveport, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

The hotel was clean and everyone was friendly. I followed the advice on putting the air on 72 to keep the air from freezing up because at 10:00 pm it was still about 97 outside and any place is going to have problems with cooling. It was nice to have something to eat without having to go somewhere, I know it's not omelets but cereal and coffee and pastries are fine.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2012

I was a very late arrival. There was a sign saying the door was locked after a certain time (11 p.m. or so) and to ring the bell.

I looked for the bell, found it behind somethings and rang it, and rang it. Finally I dug out the phone number and called. When the person came out I asked about bell being broken, he pointed to the one on the counter inside the "locked" door and said, "most people ring this one". My bad reading the sign.

Room was ok, but I was way past ready get into my room given it was 2:00 a.m. and I had to get up for work.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank blackhole5
KEYYTRIGER, Public Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Club House Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
To whom it may concern,
We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience that occurred during your stay with us.
We have looked into the issue and had no knowledge that the bell was inoperable.
Also have change a few procedures to not encounter this problem for you and our other clients.
Please accept our sincere apology and know that we value you and your concerns.
Feel free to contact me directly with any concerns, or comments at the above e-mail address, or call me directly at 940-682-5061.
Again thank you for being one of our valued customers.
Sincerely
Stephanie White
Director of Sales
Best Western Club House Inn Suites
Dallas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2012

Room was fairly clean and very spacious; however the hall on the second floor was full of an awful smoke odor, so bad we held our breath to get to the room. The cable selection was ok at best, and breakfast had the basics, cereal, yogurt, toast, etc. Would I stay there again? Nope, one pack a year is enough for us.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the second floor.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
KEYYTRIGER, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Club House Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 8, 2012
First and foremost we are very sorry for the experience you had at our hotel.
Especially any odor during your stay.
We do offer Non Smoking & Smoking rooms to our guests. At times some guests attempt to smoke in "Non Smoking" areas, which would be any place other then their "smoking" specific room.
We do discourage this action and are again extremely sorry for this inconvenience.
We do now offer an Extended Continental breakfast.
This includes several different items from Jimmy Deans.
We have a wide variety of pastries, fruits, muffins, bagels, etc. as well.
Please know that we are open to, and encourage any suggestions/input to improve our facility for our Valued Guest.
You are a Valued Guest and we would welcome the chance to show you how much we do value you today and in the future.
San Angelo, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

Spent 2 nights here last weekend while in town for a conference. The prices were EXCELLENT (around $75/night), the beds were comfortable, the room was spacious. The lady at the front desk was friendly and helpful, suggesting several places to eat in town. There was a breakfast bar that was pretty minimal, but hey, for the price, I wasn't displeased. The hotel does have smoking rooms and we could smell smoke when we walked in near the elevator, but it wasn't too bad and I couldn't smell it at all in our room, (and I am fairly sensitive to cigarette smoke and had no trouble at all.)

Room Tip: Our room was on the west side of the hotel (215 or 217, maybe) and there was a large light in the pa...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Knights Inn Mineral Wells
#5 of 8 in Mineral Wells
BEST WESTERN PLUS Cutting Horse Inn & Suites
La Quinta Inn & Suites Weatherford

Been to BEST WESTERN Club House Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!