“Good Texas Barbeque”
Review of Mesquite Pit

Mesquite Pit
Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Lots of local folks there. Noisy due to crowds, but Texas friendly! Fried catfish was good, as well as the barbeque...

1  Thank danielcbush

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Great the first night. Not so good the next. Service and food was not the same the second evening we ate at this restaurant.

1  Thank Sam G
Reviewed April 22, 2013

My husband and I ate there tonight. I ordered baked potato with chopped beef. The potato had so much barbeque sauce it tasted sweet and looked awful. My husband's ribeye was only fair but pretty expensive for what he received. The salad was mediocre to poor and the bread was cool and dry/hard. The service was rare and what little there was was rude. The place is noisy and unpleasant. We live here but will not be going back again.

When I told the waitress that she should warn those who order the baked potato with chopped beef that it had lots of sauce in it, she informed me that ALL chopped beaf has sauce in it. I told her that that is not correct and she argued with me. She did not offer to take off the extra charge for the inedible goopy meat. When I asked her to remove the charge for the meat and only charge for the potato, she very rudely jerked the ticket away and said she would be right back. She came back a while later and said she had taken the whole thing off the bill. That was fine with me because the potato was not even good and I hadn't eaten more than a couple of bites of it. It is too bad because there are not many restaurants in Mineral Wells and we tend to eat out often. But we will not go there again.

1  Thank LindaMcDonell
Reviewed April 22, 2013

When we walked in I was vey impressed with the atmosphere, decorations and friendliness of the staff. I ordered the chicken fried steak sandwich - the meat hung over the edges of the bun and was cooked to perfection. We were there on a Saturday afternoon and the food arrived in a short time and our server stayed on top of our drinks and checked in with us continuously.

1  Thank pjsw76210
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Such a good variety and the daily specials are always a big hit. They feed my family 2-3 times a week. The staff always friendly.

1  Thank SISTAK2