“Clean, comfortable”

Best Western Mineola Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mineola
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We were pleased. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. The outdoor pool was a real plus, and the fitness room was well equipped. The hostess at the breakfast bar kept things neat and clean and well stocked. The only real complaint was that someone was burning insence in a room on the lower level and it literally permeated the entire floor. Their door was propped open and we had to hold our breath every time we walked by. You could smell it all the way out to the pool when the door opened. Its a non smoking hotel, so I was rather surprised the use of incense was permitted. Otherwise, I'd not hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 9, 2012

They advertise as pet friendly but when you check in, they charge $50. Also, advertise as smoke free but it wreaks of cigarettes. There were oil field workers with their room doors ajar, drinking beer, and cussing.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Stayed here many days looking for a house to buy in the area. Front desk help is the best. Watched over me. Maid service THE BEST. Also watched over me. Alone here for a week until my hubby could join me. Pool was nice. Got tired of of the same powdered eggs and greasy sausage. By hey,it was free. Best hotel in the area. Don't stay anywhere else. I checked out the other two hotels in town,they are disgusting.no room service or restaurant.

Room Tip: no restaurant or room service
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We have stayed here numerous times as there are slim pickins in Mineola but have always been pleased. This last time, my main gripe is with the maids. We stayed 4 days and had to ask for towels once, extra toilet paper twice as they left no extra (4 of us) and they never left any more shampoo or lotion. OK ladies, every night you pay to stay, you should get more.
Overall, it is nice, quiet (unless it is full of kids baseball teams running up and down the halls)as it was this last time, but people are good, breakfast is good, and I will stay here again.

Room Tip: I found this last time, being close to the pool door was convenient, also laundry across hall and ic...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank sheilasbiz
Reviewed October 26, 2011

I've stayed here several times for work travel, and have had a good stay each time. Most recent stay was October 2011. This hotel overall is well-appointed and clean, beds are pretty comfortable, good breakfast, quiet atmosphere. Only drawback is its location on the edge of town - great for road travelers, but located beyond walking distance from the historic downtown area with shops, restaurants, Amtrak train station. Still only a mile(?) from downtown though. I'd recommend the hotel for those traveling in the area for work, or those on leisure trip who aren't looking for the B&B experience.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank BizTravelerRick
Reviewed July 16, 2011

My wife son and I spent one night here before picking our daughter up from a local summer camp. We placed a bid on priceline and when I called the hotel to confirm the reservation, we were told we were reserved in a smoking king room. When I asked about a non-smoking room with two double beds (as there were three of us) I was told that no non-smoking doubles were available, but she would place us in a King suite which was a larger room with a sitting area with a sofabed, When we arrived a couple of days later, the kind person at the desk confirmed the King suite, but also said she could place us in a room with two double beds since I was The room was beautifully furnished with plenty of soft piilows on both beds, a comfy chair with ottoman, desk, a large LCD TV and a nice sized mini fridge. THe bathroom had a huge counter, coffee maker with coffee and a large, nice shower. Everything looked spotless, modern and nearly brand new. The staff made excellent recommendations for places to eat (East Texas Burgers) and the complimentary breafast was great. It had various cereals, oatmeal, danishes, waffles, scrambled eggs, jam and jellies, apple and orange juice, milk and coffee. The hotel has a small pool, hot tub and exercise area with treadmill, cycle and elliptical. We would not hesitate to stay here. The only negative is that noise from the hallway seemed to enter the room more than I am used to. Our room was near the end of the hall next to the pool entry and the door tended to close with a slamw which was kind of disturbing. If we were staying more than one night, I would have checked if another room, further from the entry door, was available. Almost forgot, free internet worked breat!

Room Tip: Avoid rooms by the pool to avoid being disturbed by high traffic and noise from a slamming door,
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank GSRDPM
Reviewed June 14, 2011

My husband grew up in the area and myself along with my sister-in-law, her husband and son stayed there. We were there for a family function. The atomphere is very relaxing and soothing. Just what you need to get away from the husble and bustle of the city. Dee who worked the front desk was wonderful as were the rest of the staff and house keeping. The pool was nice and clean and the whirpool was the best. I hope they keep it up. Because I would like to make this my place to stay when in the area.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Diva217
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mineola
Fairfield Inn & Suites Van
Brooks House Suites
Brooks House Suites
#2 of 4 in Mineola
Lake Fork Marina & Motel

Been to Best Western Mineola Inn? Share your experiences!