“Mostly Pleased”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mineola
Lubbock, Texas
“Mostly Pleased”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We have stayed here numerous times as there are slim pickins in Mineola but have always been pleased. This last time, my main gripe is with the maids. We stayed 4 days and had to ask for towels once, extra toilet paper twice as they left no extra (4 of us) and they never left any more shampoo or lotion. OK ladies, every night you pay to stay, you should get more.
Overall, it is nice, quiet (unless it is full of kids baseball teams running up and down the halls)as it was this last time, but people are good, breakfast is good, and I will stay here again.

Room Tip: I found this last time, being close to the pool door was convenient, also laundry across hall and ic...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank sheilasbiz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed October 26, 2011

I've stayed here several times for work travel, and have had a good stay each time. Most recent stay was October 2011. This hotel overall is well-appointed and clean, beds are pretty comfortable, good breakfast, quiet atmosphere. Only drawback is its location on the edge of town - great for road travelers, but located beyond walking distance from the historic downtown area with shops, restaurants, Amtrak train station. Still only a mile(?) from downtown though. I'd recommend the hotel for those traveling in the area for work, or those on leisure trip who aren't looking for the B&B experience.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank BizTravelerRick
The Woodlands, Texas
Reviewed July 16, 2011

My wife son and I spent one night here before picking our daughter up from a local summer camp. We placed a bid on priceline and when I called the hotel to confirm the reservation, we were told we were reserved in a smoking king room. When I asked about a non-smoking room with two double beds (as there were three of us) I was told that no non-smoking doubles were available, but she would place us in a King suite which was a larger room with a sitting area with a sofabed, When we arrived a couple of days later, the kind person at the desk confirmed the King suite, but also said she could place us in a room with two double beds since I was The room was beautifully furnished with plenty of soft piilows on both beds, a comfy chair with ottoman, desk, a large LCD TV and a nice sized mini fridge. THe bathroom had a huge counter, coffee maker with coffee and a large, nice shower. Everything looked spotless, modern and nearly brand new. The staff made excellent recommendations for places to eat (East Texas Burgers) and the complimentary breafast was great. It had various cereals, oatmeal, danishes, waffles, scrambled eggs, jam and jellies, apple and orange juice, milk and coffee. The hotel has a small pool, hot tub and exercise area with treadmill, cycle and elliptical. We would not hesitate to stay here. The only negative is that noise from the hallway seemed to enter the room more than I am used to. Our room was near the end of the hall next to the pool entry and the door tended to close with a slamw which was kind of disturbing. If we were staying more than one night, I would have checked if another room, further from the entry door, was available. Almost forgot, free internet worked breat!

Room Tip: Avoid rooms by the pool to avoid being disturbed by high traffic and noise from a slamming door,
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank GSRDPM
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 14, 2011

My husband grew up in the area and myself along with my sister-in-law, her husband and son stayed there. We were there for a family function. The atomphere is very relaxing and soothing. Just what you need to get away from the husble and bustle of the city. Dee who worked the front desk was wonderful as were the rest of the staff and house keeping. The pool was nice and clean and the whirpool was the best. I hope they keep it up. Because I would like to make this my place to stay when in the area.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Diva217
Ohio
Reviewed August 30, 2010

This best western is a real gem. Super super clean fairly new has a great breakfast eggs sausage waffles ect.. What made our stay great was the people. We arrived late friday The guy at the front desk actually offered to drive my guys to the sonic in town to get food after his eleven o'clock shift was over as that was the only place to get a bite to eat that was still open. It's in a quaint little town and everyone was nice and friendly. The rooms were super clean beds comfortable and the shower had mega water pressure which was great after a hard days work. Also the air conditioning worked awesome I could actually put it on 60 most hotels air won't go below 65. When we worked all day in 100 degrees or better it was sure nice to have a cold room to sleep in!!! I read another review that talked about sound issues I was in room 103. Close to the front desk and I found my room to be quiet. Would recommend staying here far better than canton

• Stayed August 2010
1 Thank Ohiojo
Vidor, Texas
Reviewed April 9, 2010

I have stayed here three times and drive in on 18 to Canton. It is only 20 minutes away and has its own downtown shopping area on an old main street and lots of good food to eat. Very nice people in the lobby and the rooms are always very clean and nice.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Houston, Tx
Reviewed June 2, 2009

We were pleasantly surprised by this new BW in Mineola - Lindale was sold out because of First Monday and we had a graduation to attend in the area. Very nice hotel, friendly staff and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mineola
Best Western Plus Emory at Lake Fork Inn & Suites
Best Western Canton Inn
Fairfield Inn & Suites Van
Comfort Suites Lindale - North Tyler
La Quinta Inn & Suites Lindale
Motel 6 Canton
Motel 6 Canton
#3 of 6 in Canton

Been to Best Western Mineola Inn? Share your experiences!