“FRESH SUSHI! ”

Rising Sun Hibachi Grill
Ranked #3 of 57 Restaurants in Midlothian
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

I was shocked, the quality of the food in this converted Dairy Queenis outstanding. The sushi was firm fresh, outstanding flavor and well presented. Friends who went with me we're equally surprised and pleased. Will definitely be back!

2  Thank Ted W
There are newer reviews for Rising Sun Hibachi Grill

Reviewed July 8, 2014

When this restaurant opened, finally (it seemed to take forever to convert the old DQ to a Hibachi restaurant) it was a huge hit with the locals. The flavor was a welcomed change, the prices were reasonable and the portions were huge. After a few months they must have realized that the price for the portions was shy and rather than significantly raise the price, they reduced the portions. Disappointing yes but understandable. I was happy to learn that they added Ginger Sauce and Ginger Dressing for the salads...I was shocked at my first visit to learn that a Japanese Hibachi place didn't have ginger dressing or sauce! I'm not a sushi person but it looks like authentic made-in-front-of-you sushi. The staff is always friendly and accommodating although on several visits the food has either been delayed or the salad comes out immediately followed by the entrée. If they fix this small timing issue, I'd make my 4/5 score 5/5. It's not a Five Star restaurant but for what it is, it's good.

1  Thank Cathy E
Reviewed June 30, 2014

The atmosphere is nice, the staff is knowledgeable,the food is so good, inside or outside eating-great addition to Midlothian!

1  Thank jalaynesalzman