“Warning!!!”
Review of Branded Burger Co

Branded Burger Co
Ranked #1 of 57 Restaurants in Midlothian
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I got kicked out of my first restaurant ever 04/27/2013! This one... To boot, I got belly butted by one of the owners father who put money up for the venture. The sad part was that there were kids in the restaurant and the father did not have a volume control nor a muzzle to keep the multiple F#@* YOU!s from filling up every square inch of the place. You may be wondering why I (Billy) got blasted, belly butted, and booted from Branded Burger Co. and told NOT TO EVER come back to their F#@*-ing restaurant again! (their words not mine) Pretty simple really. Just let them know discretely that you are trying to help them by letting them know that you witnessed the kitchen staff cross contaminating everything in the kitchen with raw meat, from cold storage to the build station. Warning!!! If for some reason you want to see for yourself what happens when you try to point out health code violations at Branded Burger Co, DO NOT do it with small kids around unless they are buried up in their iPODs with earphones on, and that you are pretty sure that you do not EVER want to eat there again. I have been in business for over 16 years now and have worked in the food industry for over 18. I am very aware of food safety and regulations, and as a small business owner I just simply wanted to help them before they got shut down by the city inspector. After all it's a new business and I was giving them the benefit of the doubt. Only after my attempt to help was brutally attacked and rejected by Kelley and the father did I feel the need to use social media to warn the public. Statistically 9 out 10 businesses fail in their first year. Of those that survive the first year, 90% fail the second year. That means you have a 1 in 100 shot at starting a new business and surviving past the first two years. Those are bad odds, so the question is... Why would you as an owner operator of a new small business want to improve your odds of failure beyond those that are already dealt by statistics. There once was a time when the customer was always right. I guess those times are gone, at least at Branded Burger Co. In a perfect world, the out come would have been far less hostile. In fact it would not have been hostile at all. A restaurant that really cares about, and for, their customers, cares completely about their well being and does whatever is necessary to keep them safe. A restaurant that DOES NOT care, rejects and excommunicates those who are trying to convey items of potential health risks that could have dire effects. As for the burgers... You be the judge. On a side note: I would like to commend Michael. He at least acted like he was listening and may have actually done something about it. I am under the impression that he is a co-owner. Word of advice, Michael, get rid of the co- part and do one on your own because you will never be successful with partners who don't care. If what I, along with my daughter and the entire restaurant, witnessed today was any indication of what goes on, on a normal day at Branded Burger Co you wont have long to wait.

28  Thank Billy M

Reviewed July 23, 2013

My husband and I have dined in a few times and also have gotten to-go orders. Although the food is great, the service is not. The last time I ate there is when my husband called in a to-go order. I went to pick it up. As I left, I realized I was missing my drink. When I went back inside, she didn't even apologize, just handed me my drink. When I got back home, my husband and I freaked when our burgers had the wrong toppings plus they were squished and soggy. My husband called them and asked to speak to the manager. He yelled at my husband, telling him that it was not there fault or there problem. We threw the food away because it didn't look edible. Needless to say, we have not been back and don't plan on it unless they get a new manager. Were not the only ones in town who are not happy with their service; in fact we've heard many different complaints and also heard that the manager yelled at customers at the festival we had earlier this year in Heritage Park. This makes me sad because the burgers were the best in town but I much rather prefer taking the drive out to Five Guys in Cedar Hill. It's worth it to get an awesome burger and great service!

7  Thank Catherine W
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

This place is amazing!!!!! Get the jelly belly burger! Fries are to die for! Fast and friendly service and the atmosphere is real funky! Love it here!

2  Thank amylikesbacon
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Burgers are big, juicy and very tasty. Onion Rings are freshly hand-battered per order and Oh so good! Great food for a great price!!!!!
They just expanded and the new section has a HUGE projection TV and very unique and fun décor. My family and I LOVE this place.

2  Thank Pat F
Reviewed April 24, 2013

This place has been open for a couple of months; however tonight was my first visit. The hamburgers were great. Fries were good. It's the best tasting burgers in this town and also the best priced. The place was very busy at 7:30 p.m.

2  Thank 62goodyear