“Quiet”

Ranked #23 of 45 Hotels in Midland
Winters
“Quiet”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

It was a nice stay. I wasn't happy that it took so long for the water to heat up . That wastes a lot of water and that's not environmentally friendly. Also, the bed in our room was broken and very uncomfortable so we had to switch rooms during our stay, which was an inconvenience. We did enjoy the breakfast. There was a lot of variety which was wonderful!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Texas
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Although this hotel is close to the airport, it is basically in the middle of some large industrial complexes. You would need to drive back to the other side of the freeway to find food or entertainment. They have a restaurant and sports bar on premises, but the restaurant was closed for the holidays, and there wasn't anyone in the bar.
The hotel is really nice and clean, and the lobby is very spacious. It all looked clean and well maintained. The desk clerk was friendly and attentive and had me checked in within minutes.
The first room I was assigned was on the second floor, and almost all the way to the end of the hallway. It was a long distance for me to move my luggage, and as I had asked for an accessible room in my reservation, I would had thought that they would be closer to the lobby.
I made my way up to my assigned room, only to find, once more on this trip, that my key card would not open my door. I called the desk clerk and she came up immediately to try for herself, but could not get her card to work. I suggested to her that I had this problem before, and that I thought that the door lock battery was going dead and didn't have enough power to unlock the lock. The clerk then assigned me another room just 2 doors down, and I was able to get in and get settled.
The first thing I noticed was that the room had the smell of cigarettes, and although it wasn't overpowering, I could still smell it. I am under the impression that the hotel used to allow smoking, but has since changed their policy making it a non smoking facility. There was an ashtray in the room which surprised me. The room was clean and well kept. The biggest thing for me was that there wasn't a desk to sit at and use my computer. There was internet available and seemed to work okay. The room had the normal amenities, but seemed a bit crowded, and it looked like there would be trouble maneuvering a wheelchair through it. I could be wrong, but it was awfully tight. The towels all looked like they were a light grey color, but they smelled clean and were soft. I don't know if this was intentional or not, but they should think of replacing them with white towels, which just make them look cleaner.
The bed was quite comfortable, and the TV worked well, although the Guest Book in the room had a TV Guide that was completely wrong, meaning none of the channels in the Guide coincided with what I was getting on the TV.
I had to make a trip to my car to retrieve something I forgot, and found the second floor hallway to be very cold. When I came back inside, I mentioned the TV Guide problem to the clerk, and she gave me a revised TV Guide list, which I left in the room for the next guest. I also mentioned to her about how cold the second floor hallway was, and she replied that it was cold everywhere, and left it at that.
The breakfast was the usual except that they had biscuits and hot gravy, as well as hot sausage patties, which went well with the cold weather. They also offered the usual dry cereals, breads, pastries, juices, etc.
I slept well, and overall enjoyed my stay at the Baymont Inn and Suites Midland, but if I was to stay there again I would make sure that either the restaurant was open or eat before checking in.

Room Tip: For handicapped travelers, be sure to book and accessible room. Although there is an elevator, there...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Laura L, Guest Relations Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Midland Airport, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
I want to personally thank you for the kind review. We're glad to learn you found the location was convenient and the property itself to be in clean condition. I want to apologize for the key card issue that was you had encountered upon arrival at the Baymont Inn and Suites. I am happy to hear that our Guest Service Representative got you into a room and the room itself was comfortable. In regards to the size of the room, please let us know before you visit again, so we can make sure that the room is up to your standards regarding size. It is our mission to provide clean and comfortable accommodations for all of our guests and would be our pleasure to take care of anything before your arrival to ensure comfort. Thank you again for the taking the time to share your feedback. We look forward to having you back in Midland soon!
Abilene, TX
Reviewed December 23, 2013

We have always enjoyed staying at this hotel. Convenient to both Midland and Odessa. Room was clean and comfortable and quiet. The only thing we noticed is that although the towels smelled clean and fresh they looked a little dingy. The management told us that new towels have been ordered. The breakfast was also very good. Nice, courteous staff. The charge for one night was $145.33 including taxes. Great price for Midland these days.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Laura L, Guest Relations Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Midland Airport, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. Great to hear you had such a good experience and that you'd definitely return in the future. We do apologize for the towels looking a little dingy, and as stated in your review, good news is we have received new towels for our guest rooms . We will be sure to share your kind words with our entire team. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.