“Awful”

Baymont Inn & Suites Midland Airport
Ranked #22 of 46 Hotels in Midland
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Was in room and about 7 o'clock another guest was given my room key. He went back to the front desk and clerk gave me a call. She asked when I checked in and when I was leaving. I told her about 5 hours ago and in the morning. She never said sorry about the confusion and she made me feel that I was the one at fault. A nice apology would have been nice.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites
Laura L, Guest Relations Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Midland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

I wanted to first thank you for choosing the Baymont Inn and Suites for your most recent stay in the Midland area. I know there are many hotel options to choose from, and the fact that you chose our hotel is very much appreciated! I also want to thank you for taking the time out of your day to provide us with feedback. Feedback is the utmost important to ensure you have an enjoyable stay next time!

In response to the issues you encountered during your stay, I sincerely apologize. It is never our intention to leave a sour taste in any guests' mouth after visiting our hotel. I want to reassure you that we are addressing your problems and each individual involved has gone through specific training relating to the matters in order to avoid them in the future.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites
A_Ybarra, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Midland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites
Laura L, Guest Relations Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Midland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The halways smelt of smoke, the room numbers were plaques over previous hotel plaques. Once inside the room there was poor lighting with cracks all over the walls. The bathroom had mildow on the ceiling with tiles seperated around the tub. The drain plug assemble was sitting on the side of the tub. The vent for the bathroom fan and the vent on the air conditioner was filled with dust and mildew. When I was checking out I was told that the hotel was so expensive due to the "oil boom" and that "thats just the way it is around here". One of the worst hotel experiences i have ever had, at least the linens were clean

Room Tip: go to a different hotel
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
A_Ybarra, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Midland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

We have done some renovations to our guest rooms since your stay with us and are currently in the process of some more renovations. I hope that when you come back to the Midland / Odessa area you will give us another chance to provide you with the exceptional service you deserve. Thank you for your feedback and have a wonderful day.

SIncerely,

Annette J Ybarra
Operations Manager

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Good price point for the Midland area, but the hotel is in need of updating. Very poor lighting in the room and the ac/heating unit didn't keep a consistent temperature.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We did some renovation and hope that you stay with us again to show you the improvement of our rooms. We are currently in the process of updating our wi-fi in our guest rooms to convenience our guests. Again, thank you for your comments and have a wonderful day.

Annette J Ybarra
Operations Manager

Reviewed March 30, 2013

This hotel was without a doubt, the worst I have ever stayed in. The atmosphere was really creepy and conditions were absolutely fllithy, toilets on two of three floors didnt work, lamp shades , curtains are absolutely nasty,bathrooms were grimey and literally had dirt covered spiderwebs in the corners! The shower were covered in black stains. The carpets are filthy, walls have stains. The three room i checked in to had dank odour somewhat resembling a damp carpet and urine or something I coundnt put my finger on. I know people say "you get what you pay for" but its actually spendy, not comparable to the prices in Midland. I stayed for two nights is all I could handle at this place. The lady from the front desk roaming the hal,l laughing with another lady. I asked if they can put some towels in my room. I gave them my room number the both ladies wrote it down. Lady wearing a suite from the front desk just stood there. I never received any towels in my room, this is the second night. The few staff I did see had no smiles, as it appeared to be grossly understaffed. This building needs some serious attention and investment before it can come anywhere close to being a respectable hotel. At the moment it gives a really bad impression, it’s far from the city and I would recommend you avoid this place at all costs.

One more thing: you couldn’t easily transport yourself anywhere quickly.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Laura L, Guest Relations Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Midland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Please consider accepting my personal apology for your experience. Our team is passionate about providing genuine care and hospitality. I'm sorry we were unsuccessful in making you feel welcome and appreciated.Please know that all of your concerns have been addressed and relayed to the Front Office and Housekeeping staff here at the Baymont Inn and Suites. I want you to know that the property is in the middle of being renovated and your feedback is greatly appreciated. However, it remains unacceptable that you did not feel important and that you didn't have the chance to enjoy your stay. Please know that every guest is valuable to us and I hope we can earn the opportunity to prove that to you in the future.