“Absolutely the Worst Motel”
Review of Plaza Inn Midland

Plaza Inn Midland
Plaza Inn Midland
Ranked #31 of 46 Hotels in Midland
Reviewed March 16, 2010

The room I was given was filthy, When walking on the carpet barefoot, the soles of my feet were filthy from contact with it. The room smelled like a combination of turpentine and old socks. The bathroom was unclean. I had to scrub out the tub before i could take a shower in the morning. When I was leaving and commented on the state of the room I was ignored. Not even an apology for the conditions, which was the very least they could have done. I would never recommend this hotel to a friend or even my worst enemy.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank shakaar

Reviewed February 25, 2010

The room was clean, a pleasant breakfast, and good location. My biggest complaint with this hotel is the service I received. If there is a problem or complaint the manager will just look at you as if it's not her problem because that is would she did with me. There were other clerks that were nicer during my stay and one of them had apologized to me for the problems i had encountered. It seemed to me that she was used to getting complaints about her manager, usually it is the other way around. Just seems like a poorly run hotel.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank kdnlm
Reviewed October 30, 2009

This hotel was a model of comfort. The biggest issue I had with the hotel in the past was that the rooms were older. But the rooms were always impeccably clean. Now , the hotel has undergone a revamp. There are now flat screen tvs in all the rooms. The breakfast bar was outstanding.
Further, this hotel understands something larger chains dont seem to- SERVICE. While I stayed there was an issue with the remoter control on my television. Even though I contacted the desk at 9m, they still found a way to get me a fixed/ new remote withn hour. If you appreciate being taken careof , this is the hotel for you. This has got be the best value in the city

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Clark C
Reviewed October 30, 2009

Friends and I stayed here on our way to Dallas from El Paso! This hotel was nice and the staff was very helpful. Our room was very clean and you can tell they've done some remodeling. They have FLAT SCREEN tv's which is always a PLUS and their breakfast bar was great. I'd recommend the PLAZA INN to other people.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 30, 2009

We had traveled from Ruidoso N.M. to Carlsbad Caverns then to Midland where we desperately needed a good nights rest. The pricing was not too terrible but we found out why later. Dirty and worn carpet on the floor, old furnishings with cigarette burns in them, plastic cups ( no glasses ), bad odor, and my wife was bitten 3 times by bedbugs that night. This is no more than an overrated Motel 6 or worse!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Plaza Inn in Midland Texas in July 2009. I awoke the next morning with bed bug bites. I went to my doctor and had it confirmed that is what the bites were. I called the motel and told them what happened, but they were not very interested. I left word for the manager to call me back, which he has not.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Traveler123Dallas
Reviewed October 24, 2008

The Plaza Inn is the worst value in lodging I have ever seen. It is nothing more than a roadside motel (like a Super 8), and not a very good one. It has exterior entries, tired furnishings, and a generally grim atmosphere.

Given all this, the rates are outrageous.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank gossenius