“WOW!” 5 of 5 stars

Moriarty, New Mexico
“WOW!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

Where do I start?

We needed 20 rooms for our firefighters, and we landed at the Plaza Inn in Midland, TX.

The hotel is well kept. I really liked the fact that the lobby didn't look like every other lobby in the world. It is warm and inviting. I loved the wood floors and the beautiful rugs, furniture and accessories. The breakfast area is really nice also.

The guest rooms are very nice too. They are clean and smell fresh. I'm not sure what kind of cleaners they use or air freshners, but I like walking into these rooms. They are clean and smell fresh.The carpets are not your run of the mill hotel carpets... at least I've never seen this design in any hotel where I have stayed. The decore makes sense. It isn't offensive to the eye.

The staff... are great. Very professional, friendly and hospitality oriented. They worked to make sure our stay was a pleasant one. I stayed for several days and left for another part of Texas. On my way home I was praying that the Plaza Inn would have a room for me, because I feel safe there, and knew the staff would recognize me when I walked in the door.

Sure enough, I'm here tonight, safely installed in my room. Good night. zzzzzzzzzz

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank Nancy P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

Love the rooms! Everything was very clean. Staff was very nice and accomodating! We will be back in Midland and we will go back to the Plaza!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
seymour, TX usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

The rooms were nice and clean. There was and attendant of duty at the breakfast bar.
We had a handicap room and it was nice.
The attendant at the breakfast bar was really nice and helpful.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Sonora
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2010

During the last four years we have stayed at the Plaza Inn at least once a year. We were aware that the rooms were being upgraded but when we were there this year I was amazed when we walked into our room. Major makeover with new carpet, new bathroom vanities, new furniture, new comfy beds and linens (looked like a new hotel). We like the convenience of parking in front of the rooms. A great location (just off the loop) near restaurants and shopping. I look forward to our next stay at the Plaza Inn.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2010

This was a very pleasant stay. My daughter and I were traveling from El Paso and decided to try this motel. What a surprise because it wasn't very crowded. The girl at the front desk was WONDERFUL! The room was recently remodeled. The beds were sooo comfortable. It had all of the amenities except for the micro and frig. Hopefully, they will add these. Did not make it to the breakfast. The price was fine.

• Stayed March 2010
El paso tx
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2010

i was coming from El Paso tx,on a trip to Dallas tx, i was tired of driving so we stopped for a night rest.when we went inside their was nobody at the counter,i had to wait about ten minutes before someone came.we went to the room it was very clean and nice,it had flat screen tv's and very comfortable beds. I called the front counter for a early wake up call, i never got that wake up call. i would recommended it to friends but not to go if u expect good service.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
Savannah, Ga.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2010

The room I was given was filthy, When walking on the carpet barefoot, the soles of my feet were filthy from contact with it. The room smelled like a combination of turpentine and old socks. The bathroom was unclean. I had to scrub out the tub before i could take a shower in the morning. When I was leaving and commented on the state of the room I was ignored. Not even an apology for the conditions, which was the very least they could have done. I would never recommend this hotel to a friend or even my worst enemy.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank shakaar

Travelers are raving about these Midland hotels