La Quinta Inn Midland
$93
$123
Courtyard Midland(Midland)
$98
TownePlace Suites Midland(Midland)(Great Value!)
$109
$93
TownePlace Suites
Residence Inn Midland(Midland)(Great Value!)
$124
$91
Residence Inn
All reviewscheck in was quick and easybed and pillowsfresh fruitmidland areadressertrailerpetsrenovationdallas
Reviewed April 18, 2008

Booked through Expedia Corporate at 11:10 p.m. after striking out at another local establishment; arrived 10 minutes later and check-in was already prepared.

Polite service; reasonable price; room was fine and wireless internet worked flawlessly.

If you need to stay near the airport at a reasonable price, this is a good option.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 29, 2006

My husband and I stayed here recently as a vacation stopover. I had read three reviews of this hotel after booking our room. Two of the reviews were less than positive, so we were apprehensive as to what to expect. We were very pleasantly surprised. The staff could not have been friendlier or more helpful both upon check-in and when we checked out the next morning. We were traveling with our dog and that posed no problem. Our room was very clean, nicely furnished and quiet. We had no issues with water pressure or the fact the rooms had outside access. We felt completely safe - even when I walked our dog after dark that night. The free continental breakfast was more than adequate.

The location is a bit removed from the main part of Midland which means you have to drive a little to get to a restaurant, but that is not a big deal as Midland is not that large. The train tracks are located across the highway from the hotel and even though the train came through twice that night, we did not find it to be overly disturbing.

For the price and quality of service, this hotel is a good value for any traveler. We recommend it.

Stayed: June 2006
2  Thank RudyBega
Reviewed July 9, 2006

We stayed at this hotel for only one night and will not choose to stay there again for 2 reasons:
1. The water pressure in the shower was poor.
2. When we asked for a crib for our baby they responded that the only one they had was broken.

This is the second negative experience I have had with La Qunita and am wondering what kind of processes they have to ensure quality at their properties. It appears to me that any kind of corporate quality assurance is sorely lacking. Unless I am desperate I am unlikely to stay at another La Quinta again.

Reviewed May 21, 2006

The La Quinta Inn is probably what you expect from a La Quinta, clean budget rooms, free internet, nice breakfast and very curtious staff. Another positive is free admission to Golds Gym which is only 1 mile away. The drawbacks of this hotel include it's location. It is on a strip of very low budget motels with very few eating establishments nearby. This section of town is very old and run down almost seedy. I do not recommend any of the hotels off I-20. None of the hotels except the Hilton and Ramada Limited have inside access to their rooms, all the rest have hotel room doors directly to the outside, not always safe. It is important to mention ALL the hotels off I-20 and Wall street are right next to the railroad tracks. If the train is going more than 40miles per hour they are required to blow their whistle. You would swear the train is going threw your hotel room, not recommended for light sleepers! The best located hotels in town are on the loop. The area is brand new with theathers, eating establishments, malls, etc. I plan on changing hotels tomorrow. If you are forced to stay at the La Quinta request a room facing the pool, since the pool is in the back the rooms are further from the railroad track and are protected by rooms in the front of the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank fdipace
A TripAdvisor Member
Granbury, TX
Reviewed April 1, 2006

Great hotel for the money. You could spend more and get less at many places. Appears to have been recently upgraded...very nicely done. La Quinta had very clean rooms, fresh linens, friendly staff and a great free breakfast consisting of waffles, muffins, eggs, fresh fruit, cereal, juice, coffee, toast, bagels and a lot more. I will stay at this one from now on when I am Midland. Very easy access to I-20 and Grande Communications Stadium.

• Stayed: March 2006