“Enjoyed my stay”

Grand Texan Hotel & Convention Center
Ranked #37 of 46 Hotels in Midland
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I stayed at the Grand Texan for 4 nights for a convention in May of 2013. This is the 3rd time that I stayed at a Gaylord hotel and had a great experience. My previous stays were in MD and FL. The Grand Texan was definitely a huge property. Although I have to say that I liked the FL one because of the alligators.

The staff at the Grand Texan was excellent, everyone was very professional and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Very impressed with the personal touch of every staff member. It's important to them to please the guest.

Free shuttle service to the airport..... When was the last time you experienced this? In door heated pool, gym, putt putt golf for the children and a tasty Margarita in the lounge!

Indian food option was cool and unexpected.Lunch buffet was great and I enjoyed a hot complimentary breakfeast every morning!

They are growing and upgrading this place and space every single day and they are taking pride in doing so.

I love all of it ! Wonderful happy service oriented people are getting to be a rare commodity today.

Can wait to get back to my home away from home.

Satisfied Customer

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 25, 2013

If you like the smell of pine sol and Indian curry food mixed together, this is the place for you. The room I checked into was occupied by another guest. The second room the key would not open the door. I was finally able to get into the third room they gave. The next morning I get up and have ants crawling all over my pillow and nightstand. I will NEVER stay there again!!!!!!

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Lynda P
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Room was beautiful. Service was slow. Food was decent. I had to go to Walmart and buy a pack and play for my 21 month old child to sleep in. Most hotels have a crib or p&p for infants. Pool was nice. Room (suite) was clean & a great price compared to regular hotel rooms in town.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed April 23, 2013

A colleague and I stayed here last night. This was one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. I received a "newly remodled room" which was a room with exterior doors facing a junkyard. The room had a very sour smell that burned your nose as you enter. Luckilly housekeeping came by and said she was running late and would freshen up the place. She sprayed windex on the floor to make the room smell better and left. The sheets had blood and a bunch of food and aluminum foil on them. I didnt eat at the indian restraunt. Luckilly i survived the night but dont recommend this place.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Andy W
Grand Texan H, General Manager at Grand Texan Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

I'm terribly sorry to hear that you had a negative experience at our hotel. Please be assured that this is not characteristic of our hotel, and I want to personally apologize for this experience. If possible, please email me directly at lillianreed4200@gmail.com so I can research this issue and solve this problem to your satisfaction. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Recently traveled to Midland to look over a college campus for possible transfer to the college, I stayed at the Grand Texan, The hotel has a new General Manager very pleasant and professional man, very concerned about me the customer and made it very clear that the hotel was going through some remodeling phases to improve the quality of the hotel for the valued guest. The hotel has an excellent exercise room, and a large pool with an indoor slide, exciting for the younger guest's staying at the hotel. The hotel offers an original eating enviroment with classic original indian cuisine as well as an excellent pizza night. I would recommend this hotel moderately priced and a caring staff to serve the guests needs.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that are not located in the remodel area.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Charles,
I'm so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Grand Texan Hotel & Convention Center. It is our ultimate goal that you are 100% satisfied with every aspect of your stay with us. It's great to hear that you enjoyed our restaurant and the positive attitude of our staff. I greatly appreciate you taking a moment to rate our property on TripAdvisor! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Mouse motel behind the TV stand. Dirty bathroom. Way overpriced!!!!!!!!! We were traveling on Spring Break and had no options. Next time I'll sleep in the car at a truck stop!! Management was completely unconcerned.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Carolyn,
I appreciate you taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay with us. I do not want you to think that the management of this facility is in any way unconcerned about your stay, it is quite the opposite. Please email me directly at lillianreed4200@gmail.com so we may discuss this matter further and come to an amicable resolution. Again, thank you for taking the time to rate us on TripAdvisor.