“BEST bang for your buck!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wyndham Garden Midland

Wyndham Garden Midland
Ranked #29 of 45 Hotels in Midland
United States
“BEST bang for your buck!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

Look gang, this isn't the Taaj Mahal, but considering the other hotel's absolutely absurd prices just because the oil patch is in town, this hotel is well worth the stay and your business! This was the ONLY reputable chain hotel in town for less than $200/night, and for that you still get a well renovated property with nice new bedding, food and a bar on site. If you're in town to see the Commemorative Air Force Museum, it's straight down the road and couldn't be easier to get to. The other places in town could care less about you, unless you're with the big oil companies, so why not spend your money somewhere else?

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Julia B, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Garden Midland, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback with us. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and the service of our Team. We will share your comments with our staff. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our employees as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

I stayed here last week. I was offered a price of $79 at check in. The next morning, my receipt showed $109 plus tax and my credit card statement was charged $174. The hotel did resolve the charge the next day. Other reviewers on another site had the same experience. I contacted the hotel management online, but never received a call from the GM. I still don't understand if this is their standard practice to attempt to overcharge customers, or if it was an honest mistake. If you stay here double check your credit card statement!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
MidtownhotelGM, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Midland, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Hello Mr. Steve

I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with you stay regarding the rate. I was glad to hear that it was taken care of , I can assure you it was a honest mistake and not a standard procedure of our hotel. The hotel does authorize 50.00 extra on all reservations for incidentals, i.e room service, long distance phone call etc, that is the policy of nearly all hotels. If you have any further question or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Best Regards
Daniel Ali | General Manager
Midland, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

front desk personal name Javier was very respectful made sure that are staying was the best experience help us in anything with no hesitation my kids loved the comfortable warm beds,and room , I wouldn't stay at any other place but here at Wyndham Garden in Midland, TX

Room Tip: Corner suites are larger and sunny
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Julia B, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Garden Midland, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We appreciate and value your opinion. We are so glad to hear that you had a great experience and that our Front Desk Agent, Javier, was helpful and pleasant during your stay. We look forward to seenig you again very soon!
Odessa, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

I live in the Odessa/Midland area. I heard great things about the new bar and restaurant that is in the Wyndham Gardens, so I decided to give it a try before a night out on the town. I had an amazing experience! Tim was very accommodating, and very knowledgeable about the menu and drinks available. I consider myself somewhat of a wing connoisseur. They were Terrific! Everything you look for in a traditional wing. The atmosphere of the bar was very welcoming. I will definitely be back to enjoy some great drinks and delicious food!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Julia B, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Garden Midland, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
We were so glad to see your review! Not a lot of people know that the public as well as guests of the hotel are welcome to come in and have breakfast, dinner and drinks with us at the Wall Street After 5. It is always a treat to serve our local community and give you a legendary experience as well! We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the future! Thanks again for taking the time to write us this great review.
Odessa, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

I love the vibrant décor and the atmosphere of the Lounge, the name is fantastic Wall St After 5.
The gentleman, Javier and Brenda at the front desk were most helpful with my questions at check in and I easily found the place I was looking for. Hallways dark but other than that everyone was very friendly.

Room Tip: I didn't try breakfast, but they were busy, has to be a good sign
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

Great service. Chef Tim is amazing. The Ruben is to die for and the Chicken and Waffle sliders with maple butter are amazing. The bartender Kristen is excellent and makes a Bloody Mary that will knock your socks off! I would recommend this place to anyone visiting Midland!

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
We were excited to read your reviews on our Wall Street After 5 Restaurant and Lounge. We continuosly strive to serve you quality food in a friendly atmosphere and hope that we have the occasion to be of service again in the future. Thank you again, and we hope to see you soon!
Weatherford, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

I have stayed here 4 times in the last 6 months and curiously every time I am assigned the same room. But it's a very comfortable room so I've always enjoyed my stays. I am very nit-picky when it comes to cleanliness and I've never had a problem at this hotel. I check all the bed linens & bath towels for anything "undesirable", but I've never found anything! The maid-service is very friendly and helpful, the room service was prompt and although a little overpriced, it was good food. The pool area is nice, especially at night with the pretty lighting. If I could give the front desk staff here a different rating for each individual stay they would all be different. I have dealt with wonderful front desk staff on 3 out of 4 stays and I would rate their service as VERY GOOD, but then on another stay I have experienced a very absent minded and uninterested front desk staffer who couldn't answer my simple questions and frankly he didn't want to. However, I know people have bad days and I don't want to let one sour employee ruin a 4 stay review of this hotel, so I'll give the service here an AVERAGE rating.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and the service of our Team. We are in the process of training new team members for the front desk and hope that you will be patient with us while we train them to give you legendary service. We will share your comments with our staff. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement and a training tool to the staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. We look forward to serving you again on some future occasion.