“Interesting hotel.”

Wyndham Garden Midland
Ranked #32 of 46 Hotels in Midland
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I have stayed here 4 times in the last 6 months and curiously every time I am assigned the same room. But it's a very comfortable room so I've always enjoyed my stays. I am very nit-picky when it comes to cleanliness and I've never had a problem at this hotel. I check all the bed linens & bath towels for anything "undesirable", but I've never found anything! The maid-service is very friendly and helpful, the room service was prompt and although a little overpriced, it was good food. The pool area is nice, especially at night with the pretty lighting. If I could give the front desk staff here a different rating for each individual stay they would all be different. I have dealt with wonderful front desk staff on 3 out of 4 stays and I would rate their service as VERY GOOD, but then on another stay I have experienced a very absent minded and uninterested front desk staffer who couldn't answer my simple questions and frankly he didn't want to. However, I know people have bad days and I don't want to let one sour employee ruin a 4 stay review of this hotel, so I'll give the service here an AVERAGE rating.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Julia B, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Garden Midland, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and the service of our Team. We are in the process of training new team members for the front desk and hope that you will be patient with us while we train them to give you legendary service. We will share your comments with our staff. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement and a training tool to the staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. We look forward to serving you again on some future occasion.

There are newer reviews for Wyndham Garden Midland

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Love the hotel,, the staff is very friendly Gentleman at front desk Javier and the lady at the front desk and housekeeping. Always greeting you some in Spanish which are adorable.
I will definitely come back and I will bring my family. The pool is indoors with surrounding fence and great for the kids.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback with us. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hotel, pool and the service of our team. We will share your comments with our staff. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our employees as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Absolutely terrible experience. The lobby smelled like sewage and I discovered bedbugs in my bed. Management was very rude and did not offer an apology - I had to ask for one. Stay away from this place - there are plenty of other hotels in this area that are far nicer.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
MidtownhotelGM, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Midland, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

I was alarmed to hear about the problems that you experienced during your recent stay with us. Please know that this is not a standard at my Hotel. I am writing to thank you for taking the time to bring these matters to my attention. We cannot get better by silent complaints. Please accept my sincere apology.

We strive to make each guests stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide good service to all of our guests.

A hotel is defined by the quality of service that it provides to its guests. Because our success is measured by how our guests evaluate our services and facilities, I want you to know that all comments and suggestions we receive are taken seriously.

They tell us what we are doing right, what we are doing wrong, and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Please be assured that your complaints and suggestions have been addressed, and the appropriate action has been taken. We take pride in out hotel, and we do our best to prevent problems from recurring.

Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Refurbished hotel under new management. Such a wonderful experience!! Beautiful lobby, great rooms, first-rate staff!!

Chef Tim is a true artist and talent! I recommend...EVERYTHING!! So delicious, including the wine! An unexpected treat!!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

We want to thank you for taking the time to write a review, we know how valuable your time is. We diligently strive to maintain the quality of the service and property so that you get the best value when you stay with us. I hope we have the occasion to serve you again in the near future. Thank you again!

Reviewed September 8, 2013

A very poor excuse for a Wyndham garden in a poor and high crime area. The lobby stinks of chlorine from the pool and was at least 85 degrees during our entire stay. Worst service possible in the lobby restaurant - not even a simple cup of coffee was done right. I would not stay here again or reccomend it to anyone, terrible value. Also, the swimming pool is useless as its just below hot tub temp in the middle of summer in texas - the hotel is too cheap to air condition the room so the sun beating on the pool room all day heats it to a uncomfortable temp and stings the eyes with chlorine as you walk through to the only elevator - yes you walk through the pool area to the elevator!

P.S. Also i was woken up at 3AM by a loudly discussed drug deal in the next room - this is a seedy part of town and not suitable to a business hotel. I truly feared our work truck would be broken into!

Room Tip: Stay away from all these room, this is a dive for the price and there are many better options i have...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Austinroamer
MidtownhotelGM, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Midland, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete our Guest Survey. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. In addition, please know that your comments and issues will be addressed.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
MidtownhotelGM, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Midland, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Reviewed August 8, 2013

I went to Midland to visit/explore the area. The hotel was not only a great value, it was beautiful as well. I loved the spa/pool area. I would certainly go back! There were several areas within the hotel to hold special events and there were multiple places with seating areas, all of which were beautifully decorated. I was running late the following morning, so I didn't try any of the breakfast foods.

Room Tip: Pillow-mattress...felt so good.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to use and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you in the future.

Daniel Ali