“Not worth it.”

Studio 6 Midland
Ranked #33 of 45 Hotels in Midland
“Not worth it.”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

The price for this stay was way too much for the quality that was received. The way this room looked i would not have minded paying $39-$49 for a room. But $100 hell no. Its a rip off. Room was not clean, old dust that was caked up on items in the room, ironing board broken and leaning crooked against the wall, broken iron, punched hole in the bathroom...whoever signed off cleaning this room lied beyond belief. They owe me for staying here.

• Stayed January 2013
4 Thank dirtyred357

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

We didn't have very many options because we are dog owners and travel in a semi. This place offered truck parking and pets. That is the only good thing about this place. When you first walk in the room is smelled of urine. I always check the cleanliness ofbthe beds and found pizza sauce and hair in one of the beds. I called to the desk and received attitude when I asked for clean sheets. When I looked on the floor there is a dusty bunny the size of Texas. The bathroom floor is disgusting. There is filth along the tub and wall. There is pubic hair in the shower. Walls are scratched up and the furniture is worn out. I think I am goo g to stay in the semi I am afraid of catching something it is that dirty here for $128.00. Not worth a penny.

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank Colleenpena
Seminole, Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed August 24, 2012

i hate this studio 6. first off the room smelled bad, the workers cant understand english, cant understand the housekeeping either. they didnt come clean our rooms. i had my pets with me and the manager came saying our only allow one it the policy it didnt say how many have two lil dogs no bother to nobody, it took a week to get our lights fix in our room. the staff is rude. i would not stay here again

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Misty M
Stafford, TX
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Okay, let's start off by saying this: you get what you pay for. When all the hotels in town are charging $150 a night plus (even the Best Western), and you have to stay somewhere that costs under $100, it's not going to be the nicest hotel in town.

The hotel looks run down from outside, rusting staircases, wood trim that needs repair, etc. etc. The rooms on the inside are really not that bad. This property appears to be former efficiency apartments turned into a hotel. The room is spacious for a hotel room, has a refrigerator and updated and nicely painted kitchenette. Yes, the comforter looks old and could stand to be replaced. Would have been nice if they had at least vacuumed the floors. It was surprisingly quiet all night and I got a good night's rest. This is not the Marriott or Wyndham, but it is what it is, the only under $100 hotel room in a town full of $150+ rooms. If you can afford to pay more, do so, but if your company puts you on a budget, this hotel won't kill you.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank percolator
lubbock
Reviewed August 9, 2011

i thought motel 6 was bad. we had a softball team stay and rented rooms for 100 dollars a night. 2 nights. 8 rooms. half the rooms were not properly cooling. had to go buy fans. people from motel in back were coming over and using the swimming pool. pool water was dirty. never saw maintaince man work or clean it. 4 or 6 of us drinking a beer on balcony not making any noise but were told by their nightwatchman that studio 6 has a midnight curfew.we had to go into our rooms. rooms were how. 97 degrees outside. this was a bunch of crap. the city police was called out and of course they wear a gun so we obliged.i will never ever stay at a studio 6 again. especially this one.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank funtimelubbock07
Midland, Texas
Reviewed March 30, 2011

Just a vVERY dirty place, owners have workers there that do not take down correct information--u WILL pay for their mistakes & them not paying attention and writing down wrong info---they also are very cranky because you are taking away from what they "want to be doing" instead of waiting on you........no one can speak english

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank animallover89
dallas / ft worth
Reviewed October 5, 2009

I thought this was gonna be a good choice, at first. The front desk clerk Tammy was very helpful and friendly. She was confident that our stay would be a good experience. She was checking us in for 3 rooms for 2 nights, and said she would give us the best rate because we were a group. I should have walked out the minute a lady come in screaming at Tammy about move i need the computer now, i got an emergency. but i watched and listened. This lady was saying something about internet not working next door i got to put this guy in room here. make me 2 keys for room --- now!!. this lady has still not noticed me standing at counter and Tammy just looks shocked! she goes over to make cards and messed up on the second card , this lady is screaming hurry up i dont got time, for this. just move let me do it, all in a matter of seconds, at this point the lady looks up and sees me staring at her. she says "can i help you?" I say" no , she was helping me,"and i point at Tammy. the lady say "fine" and runs out the door with the keys in hand. Tammy apoligizes for the interuption and asures me that this is not a usual accurance. She proceeds to finish checking us in. The rooms looked newly painted and they looked clean at a glance. but as i got to noticing different areas look as if they were not touched by housekeeping. there was old food in the fridge in my room, the sheets looked slept in to me and the towels looked as if they needed to be bleached againan, they were rough to touch, as if they were old. I thought to myself , it could be alot cleaner in here. I was sleeping in the next morning because my meeting was scheduled for after lunch on this day. I was rudely awaking by a screaming lady in a foreign language, outside my window at 8:30am. I got up out of bed a peered out the window, to no surprise, it was the screaming lady from the day before. I call to the front desk and try to explain the problem to the girl at the desk. she couldnt understand me, cause she kept asking me to repeat myself. i get dressed and go up to the front to explain in person, this lady with no name tag just laughs and says "sorry." and turns away. nothing else. I go back to my room just shaking my head wishing i would have made a bee line for the door yesterday. I decided to go check out the breakfast offered to us, from next door at knights inn ,not the healthiest choice, but i ate anyway. i went to speak w/ coworkers after that, to see how it was going for them. they also said the screaming lady woke them up. we discussed going somewhere else. my co worker called the front desk and ask if we could get refund. she was told" that there was no refunds aloud, company policy." We all went to our meeting at 1 pm and returned back to the motel late around 9 pm. I went to the desk to exchange for clean towels wondering why they were not offered to me at my door. The friendly face,Tammy from the day before greeted me as i walked up to the desk, she gave me clean towels and i told her about my morning experience. She apoligized with sencerity and i could tell she was dissapointed in her co worker for waking us and housekeeping for not doing a better job. I went to bed and got up at 8 am to pack up and go back home.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
4 Thank myangelur
Investorshm, IHM Property Reporter at Studio 6 Midland, responded to this review, October 6, 2009
We would like to apologize for the room and its uncleanliness. Many changes are being made with housepkeeping, to clean all areas and change all material in room; regardless if any one stays in the room. Also employees will be evaluated and better trained to help the situations that arise. We again would like to apologize for the rude awakening. We thank you for your concerned review. We will incorporate it and assure that nothing like this happens in the future. We again would like to thank you for the review, and hope that you may change your mind and stay with us in the future.