“Above & beyond customer service”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Midland North
Ranked #10 of 45 Hotels in Midland
“Above & beyond customer service”
Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

I was traveling across country with eight dogs, two cats, & a duck (I have an animal transport/rescue). Needed to stop over in Midland for a rescue transport up to Amarillo. Prices are extreamly high in the area due to the economic growth there from gas/oil but this location was reseasonable considering. Upon checking in the front desk staff worked with me to place me in a room where my trailer was close enough for the baby monitor to work & for me to be able to look out the window & see them. During our two day stay I noticed a leak in the roof of the trailer around the vent. I asked the maintenance man for somewhere to go & have it fixed & he just climbed right up there & fixed it for me. Granted it was something small & simple but I really appreciated not having to unload the dog boxes & take the trailer somewhere else. Little things such as that is what makes me return to place if back in the area.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Greece
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I went to Midland for business meetings and chose the “jetted bath suite”, which was a very ample, clean and spacious room. Some basic things were missing in the room: there wasn’t an Iron (?) and there wasn’t a closet (?). …hmmm and the jet bath didn’t work. On the positive side, the service was good and the staff was very friendly and warm. Room was always kept well organized, bed was king size but pillows were very thick and not as soft as I liked them. Am I going back? Well, I would try another option next time.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Very clean, a little noisy at times because of the oilfield workers, but the service and breakfast was excellent and the hotel rooms were very clean and up to date, room service was excellent and so was the beds.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We went to Midlalnd, TX to attend a memorial service for a relative - the hotel's desk person said we could check out later than 12 noon, when I explained that the service didn't start until 11 am. She was very nice and we appreciated her being so gracious. We actually got back in time to check out pretty close to 12 noon and collect our little dog who was happy to stay in the room instead of in the car. I really appreciated the North Midland LQ.

The next week I spent 2 night at LQ in Cleburne, TX.. It was a good experience, too.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Leander
Reviewed January 18, 2013

The hotel has a good variety of rooms, considering it fills up w/ the oil field guys. Companies will often come in and take over the whole hotel but for our few days in the area due to visiting family, we got an easy reservation w/ a good choice of rooms.
We booked a King jacuzzi suite, got a ground floor and easy in/out of the hotel. The rooms themselves have a few maintenance tweeks, but nothing you can't live with. Small frays to the carpet, an obvious scratch on the wall,etc. The maid service starts their rounds early, so we were suprised on our next mornings that slipped under the door was a reminder to remove our Do Not Disturb sign by 11am or our room would not get serviced- it was 8am! Although that seemed extra early, it was a friendly note and servied as a good reminder.
Truly the hotel sparkles because of the staff. Not once did we enter/exit that we weren't greeted with a smile of true inquiry about how we were or if our stay was ok. The free breakfast was good; The famous waffle machine makings, biscuits and sausage gravy, pigs-n-a-blanket, breakfast burritos, cereals, yogurts,etc. Obviously quick breakfast solutions, but good all considering it is a hotel for middle income travelers.
Stay here should you need to be in Midland or Odessa, TX area. The friendly service makes it worth the time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is a great choice for any visitor, but a super great choice for a traveller with pets. The hotel was clean, new looming and there was no charge for pets. Don't judge where you stay based on rates, there is no way around it, Midland is a booming oil town with limited space for short term stays so the price is at a premium.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Katy, Texas
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Recent 3 night stay with family. Rooms were large and beds were comfortable. Breakfast was very good. My daughter accidentally left her brand new tablet computer on a couch near the front desk. On my next trip downstairs, the clerk on duty mentioned if it belonged to one of my children. I would like to say thanks to Megan for this! It could have easily been stolen. the rest of the hotel staff were equally as nice and friendly.

Hotel is apparently only two or three years old with the oil boom on-going in the area, it has no doubt seen very high occupancy. As a result, a little bit of expected wear and tear was noticed here and there. It may be about time to replace some carpet in the hallways.

Overall a great stay for us. Will definitely stay here again on future visits.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family