“Something Has Changed...and not for the better”
Review of La Mision

La Mision
Ranked #55 of 302 Restaurants in Midland
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 12, 2013

What's been a favorite for year has fallen into ill favor with me and my family. We wonder if there hasn't been an ownership change for the food is not as tasty as it had been...the queso is both too hot and otherwise non-descript. Went to check out with my debit / credit card and was charged a fee to use it because it was a debit card though I didn't have to put in my pin so it ran on the credit card side...after a few minutes of pointing out the error, managment gave me the fee back in change.

In a town with a bevy of good "Mom and Pop" Mexican eateries, I don't think we'll be heading back for a very long time for something has changed...and not for the better.

1  Thank Garth P

Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

I couldn't believe the owner of this place!!! She is a prejudice and rude person! My daughter order food and she did not like it Bertha Ramirez told her she had to still pay for it! Officers was there eating she threaten us with the police I couldn't believe that woman. I've never been in a place and experienced that type of treatment!!!! It was horrible.

4  Thank Swl3
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I've lived in this town for 20 years and never had I tried this place. I came in and had to wait 30minutes to be seated despite of having many tables where we could've seated. After that we got served by the rudest waitress I have encountered so far. This restaurant is being run by the rudest and most unprofessional family. Please avoid coming here its the worst. On top of that my daughter's friend said that the owner is having an affair with one of the waitress. Even though he's married and has a kid. So please avoid getting employed here as well. It's a place full of drama

5  Thank sdelao1978
Reviewed January 24, 2013

La Mission has the worst customer service in all of Midland. Quality of the food is gross. The only thing that is good at this restaurant is the salsa. The place has very nice murals, but that is not why you visit a restaurant. The beans were super greasy, the enchilada sauce is heavy and has a bitter taste. But the worst part is the owner is rude and she only cares about the money.

2  Thank Anna V
Reviewed January 8, 2013

After reading the reviews, I was a bit hesitant, but I gave it a try. I thought this place was fine. I was quickly seated and served. The salsa was excellent. The meal was basic Tex-Mex. My waitress was very friendly, courteous and attentive. All of the employees put on a show for anyone having a birthday. It was a fun and friendly type of place.

Been to La Mision? Share your experiences!