“Beds not so comfy”

GreenLeadersBronze level
San Antonio, United States
“Beds not so comfy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

Overal, a pretty good Hampton, except the mattresses need replacement. With the oil boom and all, it is hard to believet that Hotels in Midland have gotten so expensive. The AC circulation system is the type that is mounted on an outside wall so if this type of noise bothers you then stay somewhere else.

1 Thank Michael L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
midland, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

I have stayed in many other hotels in Midland Texas and finally found this one that I would tell others to stay at. The price is comparable to the area, but still a little too high. I would like to stay in a suite next time to see that type of room.

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

The hotel is newly remodeled and near a LOT of restaurants and stores. Free access to nearly next door Heroes Gym as a guest, including the group fitness classes. My only problem was 'sick room' syndrome whereby room 208 had some sort of contaminant that caused severe headaches and congestion if I was in the room for more than one hour but symptoms resolved after I was gone for over 4 hours. I moved rooms and floors and issue totally resolved. Really nice people and great service!

St. Louis, MO, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

This hotel was excellent. We would love to stay there again. The weekend rates were better than weekday rates but unfortunately, we were there during the week. The rooms were very comfortable and the breakfast was very nice. All staff were very pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Houston
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

I've lost count of the number of Hampton Inn's I've stayed in over the years. This one is memorable for all of the bad reasons. Granted they were in the middle of renovating the lobby when I stayed here, but that doesn't excuse the issues.

Lobby

The lobby was essentially a construction zone and the front desk/eating area was set up in what I think was a conference room. Friendly staff, but a less than efficient check in since they only had one computer. Also there is only one elevator, so it can get cramped or wait your turn.

Rooms

Rooms are very comfortable and good size. It's the typical new Hampton design, so nothing out of the ordinary. My only gripe is that the AC unit is sleep disturbingly loud.

The food was abysmal - pure and simple. The hot oatmeal was cold one morning. The eggs barely resembled eggs. I'd say go somewhere else, but unfortunately Midland doesn't have too many options around there for breakfast. If you can find a not-too-smushy banana, eat that and get an early lunch. The managers reception had mediocre chicken wings and a case of Bud Light, wine, and soft drinks available.

I won't hold it against them too much, I mean every hotel in Midland is over priced because of the oil boom. But we paid about $260 a night here and it was worth maybe what a Motel 6 is worth.

Overview

I hope to not stay here again. If you want to stay Hilton, there is a Hilton Garden Inn that's newer and not under construction. Interestingly, they failed to call me for my wake up call. That was a first for me in any hotel I've stayed in.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank TXBizTraveler
Arizona, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

My wife, my 5 year-old, my 2-year old, and I stayed here during a cross-country drive. The suite with the king bed was large enough for all of us. My 5-year old slept in the pull-out, and there was a large area where we set up our playpen. With a full-sized fridge and a microwave, the room had everything we needed to keep milk cold and to heat up snacks for the kids. My only complaint about the room is that the hotel doesn't have a crib/playpen. Fortunately, we had packed one, but I've never stayed at a Hampton Inn that didn't have one, and thus we had packed our playpen in such a way that it was challenging to dig out of the minivan. Breakfast was a plus, offering waffles that my 5 year-old loved, while offering healthier options, such as oatmeal with lots of fixings and yogurts for my wife and I. The lady in the breakfast room was very nice and helpful

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Amarillo, TX, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

The wife and I stayed at the Midland Hampton Inn when we went to Midland to visit our grandson. The motel aided in our having a great weekend. Room was comfortable, breakfast was good, service was good and items were frequently refilled with hot items. No complaints at all.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family