“Convenient and Clean -- very helpful staff”

Hampton Inn Midland
Ranked #6 of 46 Hotels in Midland
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 23, 2012

I was very impressed with how most of the staff went out of their way to be helpful. The hotel was clean and conveniently located to places to eat.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Brooks805
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Midland

Reviewed May 22, 2012

We were visiting family and friends and went down the road checking each motel/hotel. The Hampton Inn was very friendly when checking in. Their beds are VERY SOFT and comfy. The continental breakfast was great, best I've ever seen. We had a couple complaints and while eating breakfast I kept watching the front desk and trying to decide if I even wanted to say anything. I decided to and told them they had a beautiful hotel however I did have a couple complaints. After we discussed my complaints our one night stay was free. They did not charge us for the room stating we did not get the quality care they strive for. WE WILL BE BACK AT THIS HOTEL.

Room Tip: just tell the front desk what you want..they will accommodate you
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Mabel P
Reviewed April 26, 2012

A very comfortable one night stay. Complimentary breakfast is a nice touch. Room was extremely quiet and comfortable. Always stay at Hampton Inns and are never disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ernatvr
Reviewed April 15, 2012

I guess I was expecting more based on the reviews. The staff is pleasant, but...

There are four broken tiles in my bathroom, right where you stand in front of the mirror. The furniture is frayed. The TV is an old tube-type model. Paper cups with the ice bucket? C'mon.

Rooms are expensive in Midland because of the oil boom. I would encourage the owners of the Hampton Inn to put some of the money back into the property.

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank George W
Reviewed March 22, 2012

We used a reward to stay here for just one night. Perhaps, because it was a last-minute stay, they only had a tired room available for us (the hotel was full that night). The closet door was missing, with a metal hinge protruding at ankle level, just waiting to do some damage. We put a pillow over this fixture. The toilet ran all of the time, and a towel bar was falling off. Why they would have an outdoor pool in Midland on the windward side of the hotel, I don't know...but it was cold and full of debris from the nonstop wind. Breakfast was good, and the front office staff quite helpful...as is standard at a Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank bsimosd
Reviewed March 17, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel on our way out of town from visiting the Sweetwater Rattlesnake Roundup. The hotel is located about 15 minutes from Midland airport so our departure was very convenient, with the exception of not having a hotel shuttle. One is provided by a private shuttle company at the cost of $25.00. There are many fast food places as well as sit down restaurants located within a mile or so, including the Cracker Barrel. The hotel staff was very pleasant and treated us well. We love Hampton Inn rooms and found this one very clean, comfortable and affordable. We would surely recommend this hotel staff for their friendly attitude.

Room Tip: If traveling to the airport, ask for information about the hotel shuttle, as it is not the usual hot...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank oneeyedscott
Reviewed March 12, 2012

This hotel was nice for a couple nights stay. The checkin receptionist was kind and pleasant. The breakfast had a wide variety (eggs, sausage, waffles, yogurt, bagels, fruit, oatmeal, etc) and the kitchen attendant was nice and pleasant. Just keep in mind, it's hotel food, so it won't be top quality. Free wifi was a plus too. My only issue would be with the bed, it was not that comfortable. I'm not too picky on beds but for some reason our sheets kept coming off. The hotel is in walking distance to many restaurants(Logans, Chucky Cheese, etc), not to mention the movie theatre is next door. Good location, right off the Interstate. We had the room facing the movie theatre and did not have any issues with noise. Would I stay here again, probably so, if I had to return to Midland.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family