“Gotta love this place”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Every time I'm in Midland I have to stop at Abuelo's. We don't have any in Houston, so this is my special location. My recent trip did not disappoint. I had the Fajitas and they were melt in your mouth delicious! Staff were very courteous and welcoming.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

I had heard how good this restaurant was from friends, so I was looking forward to trying it out. We got there at about 4pm and we were told it would be a short wait, but that we could go to the bar area and not have any wait. The area was dark and very lack luster with several dirty tables. We found an empty table and sat there about 15 minutes with not so much as an acknowledgement from any wait staff. I did notice the bartender point us out to a couple of the waiters, but they just turned away and ignored us. I would like to have something good to say about this place, but we gave up and left and I see no reason to go back nor recommend this place. We ended up having a very pleasant meal at La Mision which I do hardily recommend.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

I was recently in Midland for business. I decided to try out this restaurant. The food was very good as well as the atmosphere. I had the ribeye and enchilada and it was excellent. I also enjoyed the three different sauces that they bring to the table. I will defiantly go back when i am in town.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

We absolutely love Rosa's. You can't get fajitas as good at a sit-down restaurant. You get your meal in no time at all and it is always fresh. I love to go into town and go to Rosa's!

1  Thank tlpounds13
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We had visited this restaurant a year ago & thoroughly enjoyed it. However, yesterday was a different story. We got seated immediately and the waiter brought our chips & dip tray right away. The dip tray was not presentable at all. One dip bowl was full, one was half full & the other only had a small amount in it & dip was splashed all over the outside of the bowls. It appeared to us to have been brought to us from another table. The food was nowhere near as good as it was last year. The waiter did a good job as far as seeing that our drinks were always full & taking our order but we were still very disappointed. The atmosphere is great though.