“Nice food and a pleasant setting”
Review of Cancun Grill

Cancun Grill
Ranked #4 of 284 Restaurants in Midland
Cuisines: Mexican, Caribbean
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Cancun Bar & Grill Restaurant, Midland, Texas; website 223 West Wall St.
New Mexico
“Nice food and a pleasant setting”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I ate here recently on a business trip, and enjoyed my food quite a bit. I had a place right in front of the street, so was able to watch a passing rainstorm and scurrying patrons. I'd heard that seafood was good, so I ordered a shrimp dish, camarones con chile chipotle that came with an unusual side dish of nopalitos (cactus paddles, sans stickers) . It was nicely cooked and tasty. I thought the house margarita could use some work though, as it tasted a bit too much like lime juice or margarita mix - fresh squeezed lime would have been helpful. All in all, a good meal and I would go back.

Visited June 2013

Midland, Texas
“Great Downtown Spot”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I have been eating at Cancun since it opened at the previous location. It is consistently good and a welcome deviation from the run of the mill TexMex we are so used to in West Texas! Parking is iffy, especially at lunch, but it is worth the walk even in the summer heat. My favorite is the roast beef tacos and the fish tacos. The corn dip is nothing to sneeze at either. Friendliest staff in town! I would give it an Excellent overall rating if it were easier to get to.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank James W
Texas
“Maybe I was expecting too much”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

... At least more than the average Tex-Mex that is available at every street corner in Texas! The sell to me was "Resort style Mexican Seafood". Granted, the dishes were OK and certainly plentiful with friendly service... but not exceptional by any means! Maybe it's because there is too much on the menu. It's easier to be mediocre at everything than exceptional at a few dishes. And the atmosphere is definite lacking unless you like a cantina with cement floors in an old storefront of an ancient downtown high-rise... Any very noisy! I'll pass!!

• Visited March 2013
Texas
“Amazing food, excellent service”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

This isn't your typical Tex-Mex food! I've been coming to Cancun Grill for years, and I'm so pleased with the new remodel they've completed. With items like bacon-wrapped jalapeno shrimp and mahi mahi tacos, you're looking at resort-style cuisine AND service. My favorite go-to's are the Cancun Bistro (seared steak over jalapeno bread and a yummy demi-glace), the Playa del Carmen salad, and the tacos de Puerco. I LOVE the guajillo mashed potatoes. I always order them with whatever entrée I choose...I simply can't resist!

The bar selection is also amazing. Try the top shelf margarita...you won't find any bottled mixes here! Fresh lime juice make these go down way too easily! Cesar also makes a mean vodka press!

In addition to the fresh ingredients, the service is what makes Cancun. Joe, Javier, & the rest of the staff are incredibly accommodating, welcoming, and prompt. They always remember what I like and my drinks & chip bowl are rarely (if ever) empty.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank WineBooksWanderlust
Houston, Texas
“My favorite place for Mexican in Midland”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Best place for Mexican style seafood. I go there every time I am in Midland. The service is awesome and the food is great. Margaritas are perfect. NIce place to entertain clients or a romantic dinner.

• Visited March 2013