“Nice for temporary living”

WoodSpring Suites Midland
Corpus Christi, Texas
“Nice for temporary living”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Everything was in great working condition and for being 4 years old it was pretty clean and I slept very good, but I recommend bringing a box fan to drain out any noise from doors slamming as you should any hotel or apartment because it drowns out noises. The front desk was courteous and helpful also but the prices were too much as for everything in this area for living. It was a great stay though!

Room Tip: Make sure to call to reserve a non smoking room because it will not be done over internet. If you ha...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
College Station, Texas, United States
Reviewed August 30, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed our 2 week stay at the Value Place in Midland, Texas. The room was comfortable and the staff friendly and courteous. Great location and close to stores and restaurants. We would strongly recommend this place!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Patricia G
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed December 4, 2011

Was placed on a smoking floor and in a smoking room without any notice and was told on a Saturday there was nothing that could be done til Monday. After hours later and speaking to management, I was moved to a non-smoking room, however, smoke still made it to my room through the vents. If you're allergies are bad like mine and looking for a non-smoking room this is not the place for you. Your room will only be cleaned every other week. You have to carry your own sheets and towels to the front desk to get new ones. I was told by staff that I need to clean my makeup off of the face towels before asking for new ones. Also, I was told to request oil filled, yet "clean towels to remove makeup from my face. You have to take out your own trash. Staff not readily available. Not your average hotel so do not expect a fitness center, business center, or restaurant onsite. They will only supply you with 1 roll of toilet paper and 1 bar of soap, any refills will cost you. Overall, the room was fairly clean. The sheets were slightly sketchy. The location was safe. If you are only looking for somewhere to lay your head and not too worried about having "ANY" amenities, this is the perfect place for you.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Jackie D
Midland
Reviewed October 19, 2011

I could not have found a more comfortable place to stay while bein in a motel. Between the manager Susan and her staff they made me feel comfortable while my stay there. The expectations of Value Place when leaving was completly reasonable and the easiest ive ever delt with. Thanks for making my stay as easy as it can bein on the road for business...

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 26, 2011

I was Very skeptical about a Weekly Stay Hotel..But I am Sold on Value Place,Susan and her Staff made sure of that ! From The Tour to the Check out my Mother and I were always treated with respect and kindness. It was always Clean and I felt very safe leaving my Mother there alone awaiting her new House. If they are all like this one ..This is a Billion dollar Buisness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 31, 2010

The people are all kind and helpful. but I was charged for cleaning up the room.

I left in a hurrry and the were two bags of trash. Cost of trash removal was $75.00.

After calling the room is expected to be put in the same exact order as when you ariive clean sheets.

This is not a hotel. Just an alternate place. to stay. I got along very well with the people and had no problems until this charge. They will charge for anything including paining the roon if they could get away with it. All cushion and anything checked for wear and tear and you are charged for it. My complaint when I called informed me they went easy on me because I got along well with all staff and guests.

KEEP IN MIND THIS NO IS NO HOTEL BUT AN ALTERNATIVE PLACE TO STAY

iNTERNET IS ONLY 100KB/SECOND NOT FAST

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank 1jack
Reviewed September 28, 2010

Friendly staff (Johnny & Susan)
Decent rooms
Clean place (in/out)
Competitive rates
Convenient amenities
Well-equipped rooms
Good-quality appliances
Well-kept infrastructure
Great location
Good housekeeping overall

Thanks for making my stay enjoyable…

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business