“Good Food Bad Service”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Takeout
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Went here for breakfast on a Saturday, somewhat crowded. It's part Mexican bakery, part restaurant. You order and pay at the counter and then find a table in the dining area. I had the brisket burrito, it was very good. I liked the help-yourself salsa bar. I did not like the service. There was one waitress in the whole place and she looked like she would rather be someplace else and wouldn't even make eye contact. Every time a customer came in, whom she knew, she'd be all over them and ignore the other patrons. Language was an issue. A simple question about dishes with eggs turned into translation comedy. One needs to brush up on one's Spanish before coming here, I guess. Prices were cheap. Ample parking.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We had potato and egg tacos (which were quite large) and some sweet breads. Breakfast was reasonably priced and worth the drive.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Not fancy, but truly the food is beyond reproach. I have sampled from other people's orders (at their invitation, of course) on occasions, but excepting once, when nachos just sounded perfect, I always get the brisket torta. Put some of their incredible hot sauce - the combination can't be beat. Absolutely amazing! The bakery items reflect the culture, and I rarely buy them, but by the time I leave, there's no room for pastry anyway.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

We have been patronizing Martinez Bakery since its inception many years ago when a working knowledge of Spanish was necessary to order! It has never faltered in offering the freshest Mexican baked goods, but it is their brisket tortas that take the prize. Tender juicy delicious pulled brisket on a homemade bun with lettuce, tomato and sliced avocado and their wonderful sauce...truly outstanding!!!

Reviewed December 20, 2012

I mean, come on. If you want authentic Mexican food, go here. But go early because they dont believe in working all day. Thats the only downside and the reason I havent been back. I work all day and when I get off its closed so whatever.
See ya on the flip side

Been to Martinez Bakery? Share your experiences!