“Not for the faint of heart”

Midland Extended Stay
Ranked #40 of 46 Hotels in Midland
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We check in this hotel after our flight was cancelled due to snow storm and frost, Driving around searching for hotel isn't advisable at that time. So we tried for a night here as the location isn't far from Midland Int'l Airport about 4-5 miles away. Plus breakfast is included. We checked for suite that cost more but the heater is located inside the bedroom and living room is darn so cold. The room setting looks like a condo with large living room, fridge, and microwave. I noticed there's left over food packed in tin foil inside the fridge. So we didn't use the fridge at all. There are some small cockroaches in the toilet sink that come and go. Tables and chairs in the living room are dusty that we have to use our wipes to clean it. No problem with the bed sheet and mattress they're okay and clean. Breakfast isn't that good either and they ran out of foods at 0830 and nobody is there to fill so you get whatever is left. Outside they have a nice sign and its very attractive when you pass by. I guess they're problem is cleaning because the building structure looks well maintain.

Room Tip: Try to get a suite room because it has a big living room but again it's not perfect. See my revi...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank S0lange13
Mahendra P, Webmaster at Midland Extended Stay, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m terribly sorry that we failed to meet your expectations in some ways. We take real pride in this hotel and believe that pride shows in everything we do. I’m disappointed that we could not satisfy you, and I hope you will try us again in the future. We’re always working to make the guest experience better than ever before.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

First thing that happens, cop swings by and says don't hang around outside. Second, we get keys. Friendly guy at counter. Go up scary elevator and then go to the room. swipe the key, open it and someone was living there! Very scary and gross. Closed it immediately went back down. Friendly guy apologized and said someone probably broke in a while back ago. Got another key, another room way in the back and it smelled so bad, horrible carpet, I couldn't take it anymore. Went back down for my immediate refund. Very scary place. Went around the city paid 30 more for what seemed like heaven in comparison. Do yourself a favor and pay the extra elsewhere. They are expensive for the quality you get. They need to be reported.

• Stayed: May 2013
6  Thank nikepinklady

Dear Guest,

I regret that we weren't a good match for your needs and that you had a bad experience here. We take pride in satisfying many guests every day, and I'm sincerely sorry that we couldn't satisfy you. I apologize for any shortcomings or issues and hope you will give us another chance. Our goal is to provide an excellent experience to every guest, every time.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

$79.80 was my total, I had to find this on the phone as I couldn't drive as far as I thought I would make it. I am usually very happy with a 49 buck, clean, Motel 6, so my standards aren't high. I took a shower first,as I was willing to forgive the nasty, ancient surroundings, since the sheets looked clean. And did I say at 1 am I was very tired? The shower control was horrid, scalded me when I was trying to adjust it. I was all clean and in pj's when I sat on the bed and it sank half way to the floor, then I notice the top is pulled about 6 inches from the wall and saw the filth, including dried dog poop along the wall behind it. And the pillows had clean cases but smelled like old man and mildew. The flip bolt was broken off and the last straw was when someone banged on my door and ran.I am not a chicken female, but that was the last straw. No electrical plates covered the outlets. Oh and the internet didn't work at all. The microwave was so nasty grubby I wouldn't have touched it, but hey, the fridge seemed clean! I didn't care how late and tired I was, I left. And jeeze, if I had read about the bedbugs...... They did put a refund through. The lady, Tanya, at the desk was very nice. We will see if my money shows up.

Room Tip: Drive somewhere else!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Shelby F

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review of our well-regarded property here in Midland. I’m terribly sorry we failed to meet your expectations. We take pride in the cleanliness of our hotel and in the overall experience we provide to guests. I sincerely apologize that we let you down and assure you that action is already being taken to make things better for the future. Your experience is not an indication of how we normally do business, and we’ll work to provide a more consistent experience in the future.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

I have stayed at many hotels/motels, as we are in the construction bussiness. The price was fair. We have a kitchen and such. But if I am going to pay this amount of money I expect the room to be CLEAN..Take a look at my pictures...I cleaned the walls, with just soap and water. SO WHY CANN'T THEY!!! You would think that would be part of the cleaning process between guests!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Denise N

Dear Guest,

I appreciate your comments and for your extended stay with us. I’m very sorry we couldn’t meet your needs or expectations. We take great pride in being a pleasant, friendly and accommodating place to stay, and we obviously let you down in some ways. For that, I apologize. I hope when you visit the area again you will give us another chance to meet your needs. I’m certain we’ll do better for you next time.

Reviewed June 10, 2012

I stayed in the Days Inn, which is one of 3 hotels in the Midland Texas Extened stay group. The room was dirty and not well maintained. THey advertise Wi-Fi, but you have to leave your door open for the signal to be strong enough to work. Not once in a week did they clean the r0om or empty the trash. I had to beg for towels and toilet paper.
I tried for a week to contact the manager but was always told she wasn't in.
Stay anywhere but here. They staff is rude and incompetant and the hotel looks more like a refugee camp than a motel.

Room Tip: Go to another motel
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Lmcintyre57
Reviewed April 3, 2012

They only clean the rooms once a week. Beds have pee and blood stains. You have a better chance of getting some sleep if you sleep in your car because of the bed bug infestations. If there is anyone that knows a good lawyer that can help please let me know.

• Stayed: April 2012
7  Thank aygi21
Reviewed February 25, 2012

I went to this hotel and the room smelled like dead rat. There was toilet paper still in the trash can. I went to go get a refund and they said no because I used the room I walked in and out and they said no . Never had such a terrible room nd service. I just let them keep the money and left.

• Stayed: February 2012