“Probably the Best Choice in Midland”

Quality Inn Midland
Ranked #30 of 45 Hotels in Midland
Texas
“Probably the Best Choice in Midland”
Reviewed August 5, 2011

We stayed here in late July and the review is easy: inexpensive and comfortable, but not much else. We had some very slight cleanliness issues (nothing major or gross) but the room was otherwise very comfortable and the service was great. We would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 20, 2011

My family and I stayed in the Comfort Inn on our way through Midland on vacation. We wanted a comfortable motel with spacious rooms and internet. This we got, in addition to some of the best hot breakfast food I have seen in any motel in the USA. We were assigned a room for people with physical disabilities, so we definitely got the space that we needed, and the WiFi was good, although a little slower than we would have liked. This motel is just down the road from the Permian Basin Petroleum Museum, and within walking distance of a few eating places (Cici's Pizza comes to mind). All in all we were happy with our experience, although it was not a cheap place to stay, at around $113 per night for a family of four.

Room Tip: If you book online, call the hotel ahead of time to get the room that you need
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank OilRover
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed December 17, 2010

I stayed at this hotel based on the reviews for this and other local hotels. It was a little high in my price range $110 plus taxes but everything cheaper got horrible reviews. To start with the check in process was slow not because of the lady checking in the road construction crew ahead of me but because the 2 other people on duty did not even bother to help speed up the process with me or the construction crew. I am guessing watching tv was more important. When I finally got to my room it was dirty and falling apart. The popcorn ceiling was coming off, there was trash in the corners of the room, mold in the bathroom, it looked like coffee or soda had been poured into the sink and left to dry, dead bugs on the bed spread and while looking for a plug for my cell phone I made the mistake of looking behind the dresser and seeing a ton of trash behind it. It looked like the dresser had never been moved since the day it was put in place. The next morning the previously mentioned construction crew left at 5am, the reason I know this is due to being woke up by various doors slamming and people yelling up and down the halls. When I got up later, I was looking forward to a hot shower to wash the night away only to find there was no hot water. Why did I stay here you ask? It was late when I checked in so I didn't want to drive all over town looking for another hotel and I had a reservation so I didn't think I would be able to get a refund. Overall I would NOT stay here ever again and I doubt I would even recommend this hotel to my worst enemy.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed May 12, 2010

The hotel is relatively new, very clean and great rooms. The beds are extremely comfortable. The staff there is great and very helpful! I have been to this hotel at least 4 times now and would recommend it to anyone staying in that area.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank tami1980
Dallas
Reviewed December 23, 2009

Best breakfast we've had in a hotel in long long time, the rooms were in great condition, and the best of all, the beds were amazing. Definitely coming back to this hotel on our way back home.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank LonghornsAllTheWay
Charleston, WV
Reviewed November 12, 2009

This hotel is quite nice. The hotel is conveniently located right off of Interstate 20. The clerk at the front desk was helpful in that he provided me with a map to a recommended restaurant. The breakfast was fantastic. There was a large selection of food, the most I seen for a while. The room was very clean.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed October 26, 2009

I stopped at the Comfort Inn overnight while traveling on I-20 on a Thursday night. The location was near the freeway and basically across the street from a Walmart. There are several fast food type restaurants nearby. The hotel itself looked kind of dated and was in so so condition. I was checked in by someone who appeared to be the maintenance man (dirty uniform) who didn't know what he was doing and ended up having to call the assistant manager. My room was on the first floor and the windows were FILTHY on the outside...they provided filtered light. The internet went out when I was there and the asst manager implied the problem was my computer (altho I had been logged on earlier). After being told twice that she had just used the wireless, and after several attempts to log on with my computer at the front desk, she then tried to log on with one of the hotel computers in the lobby and was unsuccessful. The finally then agreed that the system was down and called the vendor who provides the service. Everything else was OK, but for nearly $100 for the night, it was probably the worst hotel value I had during a 2 week road trip.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo