“Special Care”

Residence Inn Midland
Ranked #16 of 46 Hotels in Midland
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Megan worked with my Visa account and myself for two days and resolved an issue we had with a smile on her face. Along with her excellent service, the food and other help at this hotel was phenomenal.

Room Tip: Single suite King was excellent
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Randy R
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Midland

Reviewed May 6, 2012

The husband and I drove to Midland to visit the Commemorative Air Force Museum. We arrived around supper time, checked in, and were in our room very quickly. The room, located on the corner of the 4th floor, faced west and afforded a lovely sunset view. We chose a one bedroom room and greatly appreciated the extra room.
The room was clean and the linens were very comfortable. I was concerned about the noise from the arenas behind the hotel, but the room was extremely quiet and peaceful. I slept well both nights.
We enjoyed coffee from the breakfast buffet the first morning, but chose to eat the breakfast the second morning as well. There was a good supply of food and the coffee was great.
I received a AAA discount, so the room price was comparable to other similar hotels in Midland.
The staff was very friendly, especially the breakfast room staff.
The hotel is located in a great area for our needs. There is a great steak restaurant nearby, along with a lot of stores for whatever you might have forgotten or run out of. I will definately stay there again!

Room Tip: Corner one bedroom suites have neighbors on only one side, and it is adjacent to the living room. W...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rainy-in-Texas
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Residence Inn is new. Large size apts,nice pool and free drinks on the evening. Dissapointed though with the sour attitude of the receptionnist who was on duty on Monday 30th April at 19.00 . She should have not given me such a poor verbal and body language because she could not find a guest 's name who was indeed in his room.

Staff at the breakfast could aslo make an effort to put a smile on their face.
Otherwise, the rest of the staff at the reception was very courteous.

Did not try their restaurant, food was smelling good though..

Room Tip: Choose one with a view on the pool...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Eric046
Reviewed May 1, 2012

I travel quite a bit for work. If all the hotels that I stay at were like this, I certainly would enjoy being away from home more. Very friendly staff. One of the employees here named Miles, sets the gold standard for customer service.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Macotravel
Reviewed February 23, 2012

Our family of four stayed in a suite here one night on our way to New Mexico. We didn't do much at the hotel, but it was a pleasant stay. The room was very clean, and the free breakfast was quite yummy. They had a huge selection of food items and beverages, and the hash browns, eggs, and sausage were tastier than they are at most hotels.

My only complaint is that we had to stay in a room for handicapped people (I'm guessing this is what it was) because our reserved room was dirty when we arrived (and we arrived around 7:00 pm). I would have preferred to have a bathroom with an actual tub and not a shower stall/toilet all-in-one with a big drain in the floor. Therefore, we didn't bathe here. I'm assuming our room that we were supposed to get would have had a tub.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank berryfoot
Reviewed January 12, 2012

A freak January snowstorm made my family leave Big Bend National Park to stay here for one night - a very nice experience in this all-suites hotel.

Clean room, friendly staff, comfortable bed, decent gym, heated pool (tiny). The free breakfast buffet was very good with more selection than you normally get.

With the kitchens, the place is suited for long stay customers, but we were quite happy here for our 1-night stay.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 9, 2011

Reading the many glowing TA reviews we choose it. A big mistake? Website showed they had vacancy for 2 Queens and were Pet friendly.I searched sitting in their parking lot. Walked in and was told "they only had King for AAA rate, and no government rates were accepted. Pet Friendly is a non-refundable Ben Franklin, it's for special type cleaning. Wow some cleaning I replied my dog does not shed, has his own bed and food containers doesn't get on furniture, isn't destructive a 100 bucks did not sound Pet Friendly to me, it sounds like you want 100 bucks and you can pretend to be PF.
We had driven 400 miles were tired opted to pay and do a King. Bigger mistake. A suite is a big room with lots of unnecessary furniture, no place to put suitcase while unpacking. A jumbo sized fridge runs nonstop even on lower setting.
Bathroom doll house size with thin over used linens. Bedding was the worst thin sheets with a way overused poly comforter you could see through provided no warmth on a very cold Texas night. They did provide another overused comforter but it had gone through the special cleaning Since the Clorox odor was enough to make me vomit.
Those who gave this hotel glowing reviews must have based them on the glitter affects of the pretty lobby, the designer colors etc not on what is confortable and needed.
I stay in hotels 200 nights a year all over USA, Asia, Europe etc I do know what a weary traveler is looking for in a hotel room and it is nit what The Residence Inn provides. I stayed at Candlewood Suites in alienville Roswell, NM 2nights prior in large double queen suite with 600 thread sheets fluffy down comforters and all the glitter of pretty lobby and designer touches. The cost was less than RI and they were truly PF.
Marriott needs to buck up and take their name off this crapper.

• Stayed: December 2011
3  Thank Upalco
GMMidlandTX, General Manager at Residence Inn Midland, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2011

Dear Upalco,

Thank you for taking your time to post a review about your experience while staying at our hotel. I am very sorry that your stay with us was less than pleasant and your suite was not what you have come to expect when staying at Marriott. I can certainly understand your frustration regarding the bed type that is unfortunately not available at our hotel and the pet cleaning fee was not disclosed on the website where you found our hotel.

Again, I extend my sincerest apologies to you that your stay was less than satisfactory. Please think about giving us another try when traveling to Midland, TX

Beth Link, General Manager