“Fantastic stay”

Ranked #16 of 45 Hotels in Midland
Alliance, Ohio
“Fantastic stay”
Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is amazing! My flight crew and I were greeted by a friendly staff who gave us complimentary water and snacks. The room was clean, comfortable, and I felt like I was at home for another night!! How could you not be happy with a free breakfast, too!!! This is a great hotel!!

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank LindsayLouY

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Fort Davis, TX
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We had to be in Midland recently, and it's usually difficult to find a clean, reasonably priced room with the oil boom going on. Not only was this great value, but the staff at the desk seemed to be genuinely glad to have our business. They offered us a little snack and a bottled water before we even got to the elevators. They took the time to point out all of the amenities, and were smiling and pleasant all the time. Both our check-in and check-out were handled efficiently. This will be our new place to stay in Midland, and I'll look for this brand again when I travel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Carla K
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I had to stay out here for business in this motel for about a month to a month in a half. Not only was the service outstanding, it was very clean and the staff was very friendly. The employees in the morning did a great job helping me with all my company faxes and also the night staff did a great job as well helping me with any questions I had. I will definitely be staying here again. Thank you Sleep Inn Staff - Monica, Leslie, Marcos, Joel, Christina, David, and Michael. My business trip here in Midland would not have been as successful without the help of this staff. A very nice touch in the morning is the breakfast provided. Mary did a great job providing me and my employees with a great breakfast. At the end of the night it was definitely good to come back to the sleep in and have a filling dinner provided with free soda and beer by Marlene. I really do appreciate the great quality of service from all the staff here and will be for sure staying here again. Thanks Sleep Inn Staff Midland.

Scott Davis

Room Tip: The second floor is where the laundry machines are.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Scott D
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed October 17, 2013

This is my second visit to this property and again they didn’t disappoint me. I've never stayed at a Sleep Inn and I didn’t know what to expect when I first stayed here a few months ago. I'll be travelling to Midland quite a bit in the near future and this will always be my first "choice." The hotel is very clean and just makes you feel like you're staying at an establishment where the employees take pride in what they do. During my last visit I met Michael who not only checked me in but also took care of my reservations when I called the hotel directly. He was very friendly and didn’t waste any time handling my needs. He provided me with great customer service! When I was checking out I needed a few extra minutes to grab some breakfast before getting on the shuttle and the staff never made me feel rushed. I was given first class service back the airport by Christina who I later discovered was the Assistant General Manager. How often does an AGM ever offer to run guests to the airport?!?! That’s the kind of leader you want to work with. I'll definitely be back!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank dartbay
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I stayed here a week while in Midland on business. The front desk staff was very friendly, and quite efficient. My room was clean, the bed was very comfortable.

My bathroom was a little different. The fan comes on when the light is turned on and it makes a noise like it is about to take off. The shower area isn't a tub, but a little cave behind a tile wall. Most folks may like this concept, but I felt a bit claustrophobic. Plus, the lighting in the shower area was almost non existent.

This hotel is non-smoking, and they charge a hefty fee to those who smoke in the rooms. Unfortunately, some customers just don't care. Like clockwork, every morning at 0530 the cigarette smoke would come creeping in. Gross. IN the evenings, 1800, the smoke smell returns. I called the front desk and the staff was very attentive. They went to great lengths to find the source, but appeared to be unsuccessful. I had to check out early, but it was no fault of the hotel. Hopefully, they found the source when the source checked out.

In the evenings, the hotel offers a manager's special of food, wine, soda, and beer. I thought this was a nice touch. One day is was fried chicken, potato salad, brownies, etc...

I can't say enough about the friendliness of the staff. Sure is nice after a long day of driving and working.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank redhousecat
San Angelo, Texas
Reviewed September 16, 2013

My family had to stay a couple of nights in Midland for a family member's surgery. I had my reservations about staying at a Sleep Inn but my goodness was I ever surprised!! This hotel is one of the cleanest hotels I have ever stayed in bar none. This includes all of the resorts and high end places I have stayed in other cities and states. The rooms and facilities were second to none and I could not believe it. VERY impressive.

Also, the customer service from the Sleep Inn staff was impressive as well. The breakfast ladies helped our family without being prompted. They were very intuitive to our needs and were there willing to help before we could ask. This was quite a surprise to us especially in this day and time when customer service seems to be a thing of the past. The front desk employees were AWESOME as well. I could not be happier with our stay and for that I say THANK YOU to the Sleep Inn staff :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank JTanner1901
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed August 12, 2013

This hotel has raised the bar when it comes to customer service!! They went above and beyond taking care of us. If you need a lift to a local restaurant, activity or meeting, they are more than willing to get you there and be waiting when you ready to return. The hotel is very clean and the mananger's reception is a real treat! Michael and Virginia, in particular, were exceptionally nice to us. Thank you!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business