“Avoid this hotel at all costs” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Midland

Courtyard Midland
Ranked #22 of 45 Hotels in Midland
Tampa
“Avoid this hotel at all costs”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2010

I am sitting in a room at the Courtyard Midland as I write...I was in the lounge with friends up until 15 minutes ago. We waited 2 hours for food and I had to send mine back because, even though famished, it was the first time in my life I can say the meal was absolutely inedible. Four of us who have stayed in this hotel for a while agreed that it had returned to the standards it had when it first opened...which were not good. When we asked about our food's delay...we were told that if we wanted it fresh --this was how long it took. They actually argued with us about the time we ordered. And the "chef" who came out to get the plate challenged me on what was wrong with it...unprofessional. I'll admit I'm angry now. I'm a business traveler. I don't ask for much...but polite staff and decent food --it is a base expectation. Shame on Marriot for letting this happen

Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank LMRCTampa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
AbuDhabi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2009

I returned to Midland for the first time in several years and was pleasantly surprised by this Courtyard. I received a friendly welcome from Reception and a clean and modern room. Although without many of the added frills found in hotels in larger markets, the room was appointed well enough. Noise from the hallway, however, did spill over into the room. (It's a good thing they roll up the sidewalks at 5:00 or I might have been in for a night of interrupted sleep.) The breakfast bar was OK, stocked with the typical West Texas food.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Southern U.S.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2009

Hotel is new and very comfortable. ... with all the amenities you would expect from Courtyard. Rooms have a stall shower rather than bathtub which is nice.

Two issues to note:
1.On-Star Navigation system does not locate the hotel property. .and when I asked, front desk person said it happens on all the systems. Computer tells you are at the location when there are grassy fields on both sides of the road and no commercial establishments. I saw several buildings about a mile away and proceeded. Hotel was there. Something to do with no "s" on the hotel address Tradewind Drive and at the hotel, city added an "s" to Tradewinds street sign, which thoroughly confuses navigation systems.
2.Rooms are a new design and you cannot watch tv from the sofa. The only place to watch the tv is from the bed. Flat screen tv is on the same side as the sofa with a archway in between blocking any possible view of the set from the sitting area.

Otherwise a very comfortable stay.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2009

I have ocd a cleaning disorder, so everything around me has to be very very clean, so i can be comforable. This place was clean, the beds where comforable, and the stuff where understanding.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with family