“Very comfortable”
Review of Courtyard Midland

Courtyard Midland
Ranked #25 of 46 Hotels in Midland
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We recently stayed here while attending an event in Midland. We had a two room suite which was spacious and comfortable. The air conditioner worked great, keeping the room cool even though it was 100 degrees outside and we were located on the top floor on the west side of he building. The staff was friendly and it was nice to have a bar in the lobby. The hotel is just off the main loop, making it easy to access all areas of Midland.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Very nice hotel, newly renovated, friendly staff, convenient, very quiet. The hotel is beside the loop and my room was beside the elevator and I didn't hear either one (and I'm a light sleeper). There was a nice breakfast included with the stay. The bar and TV viewing area were cozy and there's even a light menu for those who want to stay in

Room Tip: I went with a large group, the rooms were all spread out, and everyone had a nice room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 4, 2013

When searching for a hotel near MAF, I was surprised at how high priced all the hotels were. Even hotwire.com couldn't get me a much lower price....so I chose the cheapest out of 2.5-3 star hotels which was the Courtyard Marriott Midland. It's definitely a luxurious 3 star. Everything is new and beautifully decorated. The room especially was sooooo beautiful that my first reaction was "wow is this nice!" And we travel alot so expect a certain type of room at a certain price but this hotel was definitely worth the price.

My husband has a bad back and the bed was great...sheets are clean and crisp, plentiful pillows. Gorgeous big bathroom had those nice extra amenities like makeup remover. Black out curtains worked great. When we first walked in the room, it was really cold because the A/C had been set to 61. I wondered how long it would take to warm up and wore my jacket as I turned on the heat. I couldn't hear anything, the system was so quiet but knew it worked as I had to take off my jacket within minutes!!!

Breakfast area is huge with a complimentary hot breakfast....a REAL hot breakfast, none of those fake eggs, etc. Extras like fresh scones, just a great variety of stuff. Add the savings of not having to eat out to the cost of the room, and the value of this hotel is great!!!

Every staff member I ran into was very friendly and helpful. I move pretty slow in the mornings so when I came down to the lobby for coffee, I heard a cheerful "good morning!". It took me a second for me to react and I slowly looked over at the front desk. There was this smiling young man. I grunted "huh?" He smiled "just wishing you a good morning". He just made me smile....nice way to wake up. Then the kitchen staff would politely smile asking if they could get me some coffee. GREAT staff!

When all the hotels in the area are high priced, you want to at least get your money's worth and this hotel was worth it.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 14, 2013

The room was clean and spacious. Well appointed. The front desk clerk was friendly.
The complimentary breakfast was great. Eggs, sausage, bacon, grits, oatmeal, fruit, etc.

As a Marriott Rewards member, I had saved up points and got a discount on the room.

Nitpicks: No landscaping in the back, and the pool was outside and hadn't been cleaned yet, even though it's mid-April and 90 degrees.

Couldn't even use the hot tub.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott 3 times for business. The first time there was a loud noise all throughout the early morning. I still don't know what it was. The second trip was much better with no problems. My most recent stay was 03/31/13. I checked in very late and was hoping to get some much needed rest. The wind was howling through the sliding glass window (2nd floor). I tried to close the window better, but was unable to keep the sound out. The a/c fan, even though I had it turned "on" was only intermittent. My hope the a/c would drown out the wind noise did not happen. The shower door did not close all the way so water soaked the towel on the floor. Check out time was noon. At 10:40, housekeeping is knocking at the door and unlocking it. So much for my much needed rest.
Hotel prices in Midland are ridiculous due to the booming economy. For the price I paid, it was not worth it.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Craig S, General Manager at Courtyard Midland, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2016

Tugboatcsa,

I am sorry to read about your experience at the Courtyard by Marriott Midland, Tx. I understand this happened sometime ago but if you would like to discuss your stay, please reach out to me at 1-432-689-9400.

Craig S.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

My stay at the Courtyard Marriott was okay but the prices are crazy high when there is any type of convention in town. Staff is usually friendly and the check-in process went smoothly. The room was clean and not bad for a Marriott. There are dining options and shopping within the area making it a nice location. Just beware the price gouging during conventions.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank AlexanderDelarge
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I booked this hotel for a one night stay...when we got to the hotel to check in the woman had already messed up a guests reservation and ended up giving her an out of order room. When the guest ask why was it out of order the employee said because there was vomit on the bed. How discusting is that? When it was my turn I gave my husbands name and she told me my room was cancelled for a no show the previous night. I was furious. When we finally got it all worked out she told me my card would not be charged again...we went up to the room and our TV was not working so I called the front desk and that was a joke bc I got no help on how to fix it so my kids were stuck watching netflix on their ipods...in the morning we went down to breakfast and while we were eating so was the "on the clock" receptionist two tables down from us...when I approched the front desk to verify my card would not be charged the woman got up to help me and assured me it would not be charged...well when we got home and check our bank statement online the Marriott charged us a total of $392 for ONE night when our rate was only $159 per night...I would not recommend this hotel to anyone service was terrible and our stay in midland was a hassle....I wish I would have listened to my husband and stayed at the Hampton like he insisted in the first place.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

M1226,

I am sorry to read about your experience at the Courtyard by Marriott Midland, Tx. I understand this happened sometime ago but if you have been charged twice, please reach out to me so I can correct this for you. 1-432-689-9400

Craig S.