“Nice normal hotel with good rates for Midland” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Suites

Quality Suites
Ranked #28 of 45 Hotels in Midland
Tucson, Arizona
“Nice normal hotel with good rates for Midland”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Had a good stay at the Comfort Suites and liked it well enough that I have already returned for a subsequent stay. It is a nice normal hotel with all the amenities of what one would expect (wi-fi, desk, microwave, mini fridge, sofa area, large room, King bed, in-room coffee, fitness room, tiny outdoor pool, business center). They had good customer service. On one stay I had trouble with my television. The front desk clerk tried to help, offered to move me and also a discount for my troubles. The rooms were clean. Except on one stay the in-room coffee filter had not been changed – yuk. Bathrooms were clean. They do have in-lobby single cup coffee with high quality pods (Newman’s Own organic) which was a nice touch and much better than the in-room coffee. They also offer warm fresh cookies in the afternoon. One of the main reasons I went back and will go back again is that they offered a reasonable rate. Most all the other Midland hotels are price gouging due to the oil boom. So far, this is the only hotel I have found that still honors the standard rates and discounts. Also, be aware they and most all the local hotels fill up during the business week and you likely will not be able to have an early check-in or late check-out.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank pirateparrot

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Harare, Zimbabwe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Booking a hotel for multiple consecutive nights is nearly impossible in this town, but if I can I always book this one. The rooms are very spacious and clean and the staff is always amazingly helpful in trying to help me with my reservation or anything else I might need. All hotels in the area have steep markups, but the Comfort is even slightly cheaper than those of similar or less quality.

Room Tip: Book early.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Dreilide
San Antonio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

Staff is very friendly, front desk staff was absolutely great especially a beautiful woman by the name of Criselda, who tried her best to extend another night of stay knowing it very had to find rooms in midland even invited her for margaritas, but she wouldn't give in hehe but great stay

Room Tip: Book a month in advance
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Mark W
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012 via mobile

I stayed in this motel last week. I will say that I was happy with it overall. It was much better than a lot of the alternitives I could have chose from. The price for motels and hotels in this area are crazy right now.
The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The staff was helpful and friendly. The breakfast was above average compaired to hotels that I have stayed in. I was in town for business and it looks like I will be in the area a lot and this will be my first choice everytime. Oh and the location is great, resturants right next door are a big plus.

• Stayed May 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank steve8806
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

... and yummy chocolate chip muffins on the breakfast bar. Coffee always available in the lobby - and I think they always have lemonade available also.

And the staff got our room ready very quickly when we showed up before check-in time.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Wibbus
West Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times over the last 8 years. This was my first time in over a year and I found a completely new hotel inside. The common areas have new carpet and paint, plus the rooms are updated with flat screen televisions and faux granite in the bathrooms. While this had always been a good place to stay, the updates were needed (as with most facilities this age) and are noticeable.

The price is high for what you get, but in the boom town of Midland, hotel rooms are at a premium.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the second floor - they are a little quieter.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank TexKS
Fredericksburg, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

I have never had an experience with Comfort Suites like this. I called a week in advance to make my reservation for 5 nights, but when I arrived I was told that my reservation was only for 1 night. They said no one had changed it or cancelled it but they only had one night. So the next morning I went to the front desk to talk to Kameron the assistant manager. He was extremely helpful, polite and understanding. He managed to fix my reservation. The staff was very helpful. The room was very clean. I was however disappointed that the pool and hot tub were out of order as well as the guest laundry and workout room. The full breakfast was very good and the beds were very comfortable. I would tell anyone planning to stay here to be very specific. They did not give me the rate they had originally told me over the phone. I think it was very overpriced. The hotel is located not far off the loop in a good location. I think they have a problem with whoever is taking these reservations because I was not the only one, there was another family that they did this too while I was there. From the other reviews it sounds like this has been an ongoing problem at this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family