“First Time in Midland TX”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Midland
Ranked #10 of 46 Hotels in Midland
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Traveling for business, stayed all week. Room was clean and well kept. What I thought made the difference here, was the wonderful customer service I received from Don in the evenings and Yvonne in the mornings. I was happily surprised how inviting they were, made me feel that someone noticed I was there. Don knew my name each time I came through the door. I am going to stay there again just because of them! :)

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Donna M

Reviewed March 19, 2014

First and foremost, if you are going to stay in a hotel in Midland, you are going to over pay. It's an issue of supply and demand, and with the oil boom going on there, hotel rooms are in high demand. I paid $249/night, and that includes a corporate discount, for a room that was worth, in my opinion, $99 at best.

On the positive side, the room was clean and only about 15 minutes from the airport. Front desk was relatively friendly, and the breakfast was included and was halfway decent.

I thought the colors in the hotel were way too bright and somewhat obnoxious. Bed was relatively comfortable but the pillows were definitely not.

Overall, I was not very impressed, but not a whole lot to complain about either!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank themosh1
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Midland, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Dear Carl M,
Thank you for your review of the Fairfield Inn & Suites Midland. I'm glad to hear that you found your room clean and enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. However, we strive to impress every one of our guests, and I would like to apologize that we did not meet our goal during your stay. I will share your comments with my staff so that we can improve for our future guests. I hope that if you find yourself back in the area, you will allow us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Overall it was a good stay for our short business trip. We could not lower the room temperature at night and the A/C unit became extremely loud after midnight. The greatest disappointment was loosing my new business dress shoes. Walked into the room wearing this shoes at 9:30PM, got up, had breakfast, packed and left hotel around 9AM next day. While still driving in Midland, TX I recalled that I did not pack my dress shoes. I called hotel, notified about my loss and stopped by... to find out that the room was cleaned but no shoes were found. It's very unfortunate for me but it looks like I was not the only one who liked these black pair of dress shoes. Drove back to hometown, unloaded luggage and triple check my car hoping for a miracle... Made another phone call to hotel... no shoes were reported to be found by housekeeping personnel. "Cinderella"

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank lvw24
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Midland, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Dear Ivw24,
Thank you for providing us with your feedback. I'm glad to hear that your overall stay was satisfactory. I'm very sorry that your shoes were misplaced while you were here, but I'm so happy we were able to find them and get them sent to you. We hope you will come back and see us again the next time business brings you to the area.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

We chose to return here for a family visit, because the 3yo likes to swim -- and this clean, spacious, sensibly appointed hotel is one of the few in the area to offer an indoor pool. In February, both the pool water and the room air temps were warm enough to be inviting, and we had a great time (despite the temporarily out-of-service hot tub). The king bed plus sleeper sofa are handily arranged for a multi-generation group. King bed was super-comfy. Cookies on arrival, breakfast on departure -- it was everything we needed!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 13, 2014

I booked a room here because it's one of the few places in the Permian Basin with an indoor pool and hot tub. And the hot tub isn't working and the staff said it might take a week to fix it.
Not good.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Midland, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Dear Wtxtraveler,
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I want to personally apologize for the inconvenience caused by our hot tub being out of commission and for not being able to give you a better estimate of when it would be fixed. At this time we are still in the process of having the pool company repair it, and do not have a completion date. We are hopeful it will be very soon, as we know how much our guests enjoy relaxing in it. Please allow us another opportunity to host you on your next trip to Midland.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stayed at this hotel based on reviews when we needed a stopping point on a long drive. The property is nicely maintained and the room is basic. Bed was comfortable and although we were next to the elevators, we did not hear noise during the night.

The staff was very friendly - both on the phone before our arrival and throughout our stay. As noted, the free breakfast served here is really great with a lot of choices including hot eggs and sausage.

The pool was closed for maintenance the night we stayed so that would have been a disappointment had we arrived earlier. There were several restaurant choices nearby which was nice.

I spent the same amount on a fairly upscale hotel in Dallas the next night (over $100), so I don't feel this was a very good value. The room was a bit worn down and the property seemed dated. But everything was clean and I understand Midland is overpriced overall and this is the market rate.

Notes for others driving through: You exit 20 and take a loop to get to most of the hotels in Midland - this can be a hassle if you want a quick on and off. It is a long way from Midland to Abilene, so if you need a place to stop on a drive east, this is as good as you'll get.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Midland, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Dear JoCChicago,
Thank you for your thorough review of the Fairfield Inn & Suites Midland. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and friendly staff. Please accept my apologies that our pool was closed during your stay. I am happy to announce that it is once again open. I hope that you might be able to come back and try it for yourself.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Sometimes an affordable chain hotel just gets it all right -- and this Fairfield was a pleasant surprise at every turn. From the generous hours for the indoor pool & spa (6 to 11) to the well-appointed (if small) king-bed room with sofa sleeper, from the adjustable lighting, to the subway-tiled shower with excellent water pressure, from the delicious breakfast and the crushed ice in the icemaker to the fast, easy, free WiFi, it was the perfect home base for our family visit. Wouldn't mind staying here on business either. The hotel is located close to Midland's restaurant and retail rows, but not right in the middle of them; our room was quiet even on the first floor. A bargain worth patronizing again.

Room Tip: Room 117 on the first floor was perfect for kids' needs -- right next door to the pool and right...