“good enough for an overnight; excellent free breakfast”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Midland
Ranked #12 of 46 Hotels in Midland
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stayed at this hotel based on reviews when we needed a stopping point on a long drive. The property is nicely maintained and the room is basic. Bed was comfortable and although we were next to the elevators, we did not hear noise during the night.

The staff was very friendly - both on the phone before our arrival and throughout our stay. As noted, the free breakfast served here is really great with a lot of choices including hot eggs and sausage.

The pool was closed for maintenance the night we stayed so that would have been a disappointment had we arrived earlier. There were several restaurant choices nearby which was nice.

I spent the same amount on a fairly upscale hotel in Dallas the next night (over $100), so I don't feel this was a very good value. The room was a bit worn down and the property seemed dated. But everything was clean and I understand Midland is overpriced overall and this is the market rate.

Notes for others driving through: You exit 20 and take a loop to get to most of the hotels in Midland - this can be a hassle if you want a quick on and off. It is a long way from Midland to Abilene, so if you need a place to stop on a drive east, this is as good as you'll get.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Midland, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Dear JoCChicago,
Thank you for your thorough review of the Fairfield Inn & Suites Midland. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and friendly staff. Please accept my apologies that our pool was closed during your stay. I am happy to announce that it is once again open. I hope that you might be able to come back and try it for yourself.

Lori M.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Sometimes an affordable chain hotel just gets it all right -- and this Fairfield was a pleasant surprise at every turn. From the generous hours for the indoor pool & spa (6 to 11) to the well-appointed (if small) king-bed room with sofa sleeper, from the adjustable lighting, to the subway-tiled shower with excellent water pressure, from the delicious breakfast and the crushed ice in the icemaker to the fast, easy, free WiFi, it was the perfect home base for our family visit. Wouldn't mind staying here on business either. The hotel is located close to Midland's restaurant and retail rows, but not right in the middle of them; our room was quiet even on the first floor. A bargain worth patronizing again.

Room Tip: Room 117 on the first floor was perfect for kids' needs -- right next door to the pool and right...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TexasTrailBlazer
MidlandFFS_GM, Assistant General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Midland, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Thank you for taking time to provide such a stellar review of our hotel! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay our property and we look foward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Even though hotels are being thrown up left and right these days in the Permian Basin, almost none of them have indoor pools. How do you entertain kids October through April with outdoor pools.

The Fairfield is one of a handful of motels in the Permian Basin with an indoor pool and hot tub.
Great breakfast with lots of variety. Clean and nicely appointed hotel and rooms.

Close to lots of nice restaurants, too.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I came to Midland for business and before coming here, I stayed at the Doubletree and Residence Inn. With the oil boom and hotel prices skyrocketing (even with corporate rates), this was one of the cheaper hotels available, and I'm so glad I ran into it. The staff is AWESOME, so friendly and kind. When you need something, they are more than willing to help you out.

Provided it's a Fairfield, so you're not going to feel luxurious or feel like it's super clean, but it's more than doable. The location is pretty good where it takes about 10 minutes to find something to eat. The gym could definitely be improved but you have access to the Family Fit, about a 8 min drive to a gym that's pretty good.

Room Tip: The 1 bedroom king suite is awesome, so ask to see if there are any available.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Recently stayed overnight at this hotel and was very pleased with the results. The public access areas are very clean although not very large. A two double-bed room was spatious enough with a nice flatscreen TV, good cable selection, fridge and microwave. The room was quiet and clean as was the bathroom which offered acceptable amenities. Nothing terribly fancy but that's fine as it wasn't expected. I was also a little surprised at the recent reviews of this place as my experience with the customer service was satisfactory. The desk clerk helped me get extra blankets during the wee hours of the morning and the morning desk crew and dining area helpers were great. Overall, we were quite pleased and received everything we needed from a good night's sleep on down.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
MidlandFFS_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Midland, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of our hotel! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our property and service from our friendly staff! We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed April 21, 2013

With the Oil Boom well entrenched, pricing for Hotels is unbelievable in Midland. However, the Fairfield Inn continues to be a winner with me. It's location to several fine restaurants Abuelos, Chilis, Outback, Cotton Patch, etc. make it a convenient location for me. They serve a nice breakfast every morning, free Wifi is plenty fast, nice work out facility and comes with a pool and spa. Staff were extremely friendly and accomodating throughout my stay.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
MidlandFFS_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Midland, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent experience at the Midland Fairfield Inn & Suites. I am excited to hear the staff made you feel welcome and you were able to benefit from the variety of amenities we have to offer; fitness center, pool, complimentary wifi, hot breakfast, and close to great restaurants. We hope you’ll have another opportunity to be our guest again soon. Thank you again for your review. Sincerely Lori MacGregor General Manager

Reviewed April 12, 2013

I had stayed here before about a year ago and the customer service was great. This time around the customer service couldn't be worse and we stayed for 2 weeks. The lady that was our housekeeper was so rude. One day we forgot our key in the room and when we went back to get it she was cleaning our room at the time....surprisingly with a little girl helping her. I told her sorry to walk in when she was cleaning but i forgot my car keys n i would be out of her way. She gave me the dirtiest look possible. Then when we returned my daughters toys were not where we had left them and 2 of her dolls were missing. We never got them back. I am so angry that my daughters toys were taken. We spend almost $3000 n get stolen from. ...ridiculous! I don't think its OK for a little girl to be helping in the first place and should never have been touching my daughters things.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank vmsi
MidlandFFS_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Midland, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let me know about the issues you experienced during your most recent stay. I regret to hear about the situation you encountered. As the new General Manager of this Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott, rest assured I will be working to raise our staff’s service level to meet or exceed the standards that the Marriott name is well-known for. While we did not meet either your or my expectations this time, I hope we are given the opportunity to excel in the future. Again, thank you for your valuable and honest feedback.