“Job Interview” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Midland

Super 8 Midland
Ranked #34 of 45 Hotels in Midland

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
DALLAS
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

This place was horrible. i would never recommend this place to anyone. The sheets were dirty, the bed was three matresses stacked on the floor, My boyfriend had to tack the curtains up so no one could look in, there was no microwave which i called before and they said there would be one.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

1 Thank TYRONA T
GA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

Our original plans were to be in Pecos thus Midland was not in the plans. But we were behind schedule and tired so we stopped in Midland---BIG MISTAKE! Overall the hotels in this trashy looking town were nasty and WAY OVERPRICED. We stopped/called numerous hotels and only a few took pets. Of those only the Super 8 had rooms next to each other to keep the family together. The Clarion (Grand Texan) we stopped at I couldn't get the receiptionist to break up the phone conversation with her boyfriend to answer if she had rooms adjacent too each other. After hitting their bathroom, I realized I didn't want to stay there anyway--filthy. None of the hotels we checked with offered a military discount. Some hotels are willing to wave the pet policy for transferring military but not here. As for the Super 8, not worth what I payed for but then again, none of them looked worth anywhere near what they're charging. The hotel overall is run down with thread bare carpets and in dire need of a refurbishment. The pool is more chlorine than water. I have grave concerns I might be getting bed bugs from this place but I had to put the family up somewhere so we didn't fall asleep driving. Overall, by-pass Midland. I won't be staying here again unless a former President invites me to stay at the ranch. Texans might be friendly around these parts but I'm very dissappointed in this town. I expected a lot better.

Room Tip: Keep going to a different town especially if you have pets.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank MLISTC

Travelers are raving about these Midland hotels

El Cajon, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

Was concerned after seeing what was available in the area and other reviews. This place was clean and the folks friendly. Seemed pricey for what we got, but the other places in the area were the same and not nearly as well represented. The smoking areas were right next to the non smoking ones, so the smell got intense at times. Lots of live-in workers that got a bit rambuncious at times, but over all, woould stay there again if was in the area. No bed bugs and reasonalby clean!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

1 Thank terrip707
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2012

I don't know what the deal is with the first floor cleaning lady but she is RUDE. She acts like its my fault she cleans rooms...um, not my prob. And she doesn't even clean. My sheets are gross, my towels are stained, room is never vacuumed, and my coffee was replaced once in two weeks. Unfortunately my company could not get accomodations anywhere else due to the oil boom. So, I was stuck. I will never stay here on my own and suggest you don't either. The beds have no cushion just coils. If you can possibly help it don't stay here ever.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank misdgal
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2012

Picked this hotel for the fact it is close to the airport and it has a pool. Maybe the web page mentioned the fact that the pool is not open, but don't remember that. The check-in person said it wasn't the season yet.
The check-in woman was going off shift and was curt; I think it was the young man's first shift. He gave my room number verbally and there were people present and later on couldn't answer some basic questions we had.

Smoking rooms and nonsmoking rooms are on the same floor so the hallways were smelly. Our room was clean and we appreciated the microwave and fridge.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank draePDX
Nomad
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2011

Admittedly, we canceled a hotel room at the one-block-away Days Inn (it was HORRIBLE), so we were just happy to have a clean room where everything worked. The lighting was kind of weird (fluorescent overhead lighting on both sides of the wall; nothing dimmable nor subtle if one person wants to read and the other wants to sleep) but the microwave and fridge were new, clean, and quite handy. The overall style of the room was a bit strange; there was no tub, but the weird shower compartment was roomy, clean, and had hot water with good pressure. The bedding seemed old but clean - sheets were white and just fine, but the comforter and blanket beneath it had definitely been around the block a few times. Breakfast was mediocre, as most chain 'continental breakfasts' are. Eggo waffles and packaged muffins seemed to be the staples. Bright side: this place is MUCH quieter than some of the other local hotels; a few hall noises and parking lot noises were heard in the morning, but not a peep in the evening!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family