“Great location- Nice, new facility”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Midland Plaza
Ranked #6 of 45 Hotels in Midland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Fort Worth, United States
“Great location- Nice, new facility”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

Hotel was great- free valet, updated rooms, decent internet connection, friendly staff. I didn't particularly enjoy the in-hotel restaurant. But if you like buffet style, you probably won't mind it. Only downside to stay was having very loud nextdoor neighbors.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

helen_futrell, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Midland Plaza, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you for posting your reveiw of our hotel. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm sorry you didn't really enjoy your experience in the restaurant. We do have a buffet for both breakfast and lunch, but you are also able to order from the menu at any meal. We have several very good menu options that I hope you will try on your next visit! Please ask for me when you visit next, I'd be happy to make some suggestions...

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Midland, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

Very shady hotel, valet is free but they are always looking for a tip. Parking lot is very small about 10 spots so you have to valet. I used to stay here all the time but not anymore, staff can be really rude but you have to expect with slim pickings on working class in an oil-booming town.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. Although I disagree, I respect your opinions. We have three parking areas, the East lot which has 5 rows of parking, the covered lot at the South end of the building and an underground parking lot, with many rows of parking. I am sorry for the confusion, valet is complimentary and we can park for you or you are free to use any of three parking lots we have as well as the street side parking all the way around the block we are on. You do not have to tip the valets, although tips are welcome. The same with any other service staff. They are happy to park/ retrieve your vehicle whether you tip or not. We pride ourselves on customer service and go through extensive trainings at all levels in our departments. I do apologize you found some of the staff to be rude, we receive so many compliments on their service that your statement was alarming. I will review your comments with the staff. I hope you will reconsider and give us the opportunity to show you how we do things here.
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

Great rooms, very friendly staff, best breakfast ever, dinner excellent but no ambience, shame nobody there to taste the food. Rooms could be quieter, heard the patrons in next room. Overall very good experience.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

helen_futrell, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Midland Plaza, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you so much for posting your review of our property! We are so pleased you had a great experience with us. I am sorry there weren't more people enoying dinner with you when you went! I'm very pleased you enjoyed breakfast though, I love the biscuits and gravy myself! I hope you will return and see us again soon. You may need a little break from the winter weather :)
Lipan, TX, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

Excellent location close to the best restaurants in Midland, Texas. Excellent lounge with large televisions and rapid service. Courteous staff. Limited covered parking. Rooms are clean. Breakfast is custom cooked.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We appreciate your feedback. We love our downtown location. We are in the heart of the business district but within walking distance of fantastic restaurants and entertainment. I'm so pleased you enjoy our hotel and look forward to seeing you on your return visit.
Brewster County, Texas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

It's refreshing to be pleasantly reminded of the infrequent times my dad would take the family to a hotel for a night or two. As a son with an older (bigger) brother and a younger (little) sister, I blushed at the cordial services and the attentive manners these hotels presented... even to a child. The Hill Hotel in Omaha and the Conrad Hilton in Chicago flashed back through the cobwebs and yes, even my wife commented on my smile as we were tended to at the Hilton in Midland. How much fun. Home, here at the K-Gage, is the very best you would rightly expect. As a hobbyist photographer/golfer, the travel time has taken us to many "showy" places like the Splendito, the Banff Fairmont, the Inn @ Spanish Bay etc. We are country folk, sure enough. We have been blessed to enjoy many "shiney spots" as some call them. Even, in this light, our time at the Hilton in Midland, Texas was the first to bring back... vividly, thoughts of my dad taking us to a hotel. Young people today might say: "It gives you a warm and fuzzy feeling". That would be correct. We thank you. Kathleen & Paul Olsen

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

helen_futrell, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Midland Plaza, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
I cannot thank you enough for this review, it's always nice to know we exceeded expectations! Reading your review gave us a "warm, fuzzy"! We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Charlottesville, VA, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

This was my third stop as I traveled across country to CA- also the most comfortable! Midland has the bustle of the city but the down home comfort of Texas. If you are on business or want to expose your family to pampering and comfort, stay here if anywhere near Midland, TX! It is an easy exit and short drive off the interstate. The staff are very friendly, helpful, and professional.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for posting your review of our hotel! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will come stay with us again soon! Please stop by on your way back home. Safe Travels :)
Austin, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

Upon arriving, everything was great and friendly. The front desk always makes things nice and comfortable. I highly recommend staying at this property. It is close to everything in town as well. I feel that pricing overall in this part of the state is always high, so why not the Doubletree!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

helen_futrell, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Midland Plaza, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel! We value you as a guest and the loyalty you have shown to our property. I look forward to seeing you on your next visit!