“poor bar service”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Houston, United States
“poor bar service”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Food quaility was very poor and bar service poor. The grilled fish I had was the worst I have every had and the toast I had for breakfast was like warm bread, I had to ask for well toasted bread to get normal toast.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

helen_futrell, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Midland Plaza, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review. I do appreciate your time. I was sorry to see you had a bad night in the bar. I apologize that you didn't find the food up to par. I hope you will be back to let us redeem ourselves. We genuinely care about guest service and work hard to care for our guests. I hope to see you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Austin, United States
Reviewed August 8, 2013

The hotel staff and accommodations are very nice. You are greeted by smiles as soon as you arrive and feel very at home. Nice Clean Hotel. Downtown area has great restaurants in walking area. Complimentary Valet parking. I would go back anytime I am in the Midland area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay, and the downtown area! We love our location. I look forward to having you back next time you are in Midland. Thank you for your excellent review.
ontheroad
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Extremely convenient to any festival held in the park across the street. Staff was great and mostly helpful - though they could answer few questions about the Tall City Fest that I was there for even though it was headquartered in their hotel. Lack of refrigerator or microwave in room lowered he overall value even though they charge 25% more than most others.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review. We were a little lost at this years festival, it is sponsored by the City of Midland. We do offer a discounted rate but do not headquarter the festival. I am sorry for the confusion and hope that next year we will have agenda's from the events coordinator to better answer questions for our guests. I hope you will be back and we will all try again! It's to much fun, food and good music to miss!
Dallas
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Room got no refrigerator. Fortunately we brought our own portable. Staying three nights for Rock the Desert. Used my HHonors points. They give us free breakfast buffet. Room is clean. Underground free parking is another plus. My son enjoys the tv. Free wifi works well.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We do have a great central downtown location! I apologize we don't supply fridges in the rooms; however, we have them available upon request. Please check with the front desk when you next check in and they can have one delivered to your room, when available. I apologize for the inconvenience, and hope to see you again soon.
Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Stayed here for a class reunion. The hotel is centrally located for activities at the civic center downtown and the rooms are very clean. The underground parking garage was being used for renovations so only half of it was available during our stay but there is plenty of parking beside and behind the hotel. The buffet breakfast in the restaurant was good and they do provide a senior discount, however afternoon service for lunch was slow even though there was plenty of staff standing around. The Starbucks in the hotel lobby made a great place to meet friends for coffee. In the evening the bar was the place to be with plenty of activity, including a DJ for music. They have a very nice banquet room on the second floor that was perfect for our reunion. The pool area is in the center of the hotel on the 2nd floor and provided a quiet place to relax and swim. The hotel staff was helpfull and provided good service throughout our weekend stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for the excellent review of our hotel! I'm so glad you had such a good weekend and enjoyed your reunion. They are always lots of fun! I'm glad you had the opportunity to enjoy the bar, restaurant, bar and coffee shop. It's great to see so many people enjoying those areas and seeing all those smiles!
Hobbs, United States
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We stayed here for the Tall City Blues Festival. The rooms were beautiful, clean and well furnished. the only drawback to hotel staff is they seemed less than enthusiastic overall. i would suggest putting a towel in the tub, as they are very slippery. we would stay again, but probably not eat there...restaurant staff was rude and argumentative.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to post a review! We appreciate it. I'm so glad you had fun at the Tall City Blues Fest, it was a great weekend. We have recently completed a massive renovation and are so pleased you liked the new look, and updated rooms! I was sorry to hear you had a service issue in the restaurant, I have passed that information along to the Director of the Food and Beverage department. I sincerely hope to see you at next years Blues Fest!
Houston, United States
Reviewed July 29, 2013

There were a couple of restaurants within walking distance. Not much else to do as far as entertainment. Starbuck's in the Lobby. Nice pool area. Very Clean, spacious rooms, convenient to downtown, friendly staff. Didn't get to experience the restaurant & bar within the Hotel, but they both looked very nice and inviting. Will try to next time.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

helen_futrell, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Midland Plaza, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel! Please feel free to ask the desk about entertainment options on your next trip to Midland. There are actually several things within walking distance, and we can always arrange a shuttle for you. The service we use is less expensive than the cab company. I do hope we will see you soon. I think you will enjoy either of our lounge areas and I'm sure you will love the restaurant.