DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Midland Plaza
$140
$116
Courtyard Midland(Midland)
$99
Residence Inn Midland(Midland)(Great Value!)
$95
TownePlace Suites Midland(Midland)(Great Value!)
$119
$101
TownePlace Suites
All reviewsdouble treefree valet parkingcookiesthird floorwall streetin townfull servicebusiness travelnice hotelfire alarmmidland areaoil boomwest texasstaff was friendlycalled the front deskupon checkgreat room
Reviewed April 10, 2013

While there isn't much going on around downtown, this hotel was a nice place to stay for a week while in town for work. Service was excellent. Room was much improved over previous stay. Even the restaurant and lounge have gotten better. Keep up the good work.

For a nice dinner nearby, you have to check out Cancun Grill just up the street!

• Stayed: April 2013
helen_futrell, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Midland Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Thank you for your review. I am very glad that you enjoyed the hotel and the downtown area. I'm so pleased you liked the "new" lounge and restaurant spaces, we have worked very hard on them. I hope you will be back in Midland again soon! The Cancun Grill is awesome, it's one of my favorites.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I was in Midland for business and was not expecting the hotel to be as nice as it was. Others have mentioned that it's under renovation but it's didn't really affect my stay. I expect to be back and will look forward to the updates. The staff was all very nice. Bed and pillows were comfortable. Room seemed as though it had been updated. Loved the scent of the bath products
My two complaints:
Rough towels that also seemed as though they were left over from before renovations began
The "complimentary" internet was a pain. It seemed that I was constantly had to login and if you're working of a desktop, iPad and phone it was really annoying

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
helen_futrell, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Midland Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Thank you for your great review of our hotel! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and that you are liking the renovations! We are so excited to be nearly finished and be able to show off all the cool new upgraded areas for our guests to enjoy. I wanted to thank you for your feedback about the towels, as you can imagine they are in constant rotation... and occasionally an older one slips through! I have shared your comments with our Executive Housekeeper to rectify the situation. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Can't wait for you to come back and see us when the renovation is complete! See you soon!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Lots of construction in the lobby area, but is a nice Hotel in downtown Midland. We have stayed here a couple times in the last few weeks, and it is a nice place to stay. Rooms are clean and comfortable

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you so much for your very nice review of our hotel! We are so glad you have enjoyed staying with us. It's a pleasure taking care of you and your family! Hope to see you again soon. Please ask for me at the front desk, I would love to meet you personally!

Reviewed April 4, 2013

The staff at this DoubleTree went out of their way to make our in-town honeymoon special. They had champagne and chocolate covered strawberrys in our room when we arrived. We were allowed a late check-out, since we'd been married the previous day and desperately wanted to sleep in! We did breakfast via room service, which was fast and very good. Would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
helen_futrell, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Midland Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Thank you so much! We are so glad you enjoyed it... hope you will make us an anniversary location! Best wishes for a long and happy marriage!

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel at least 250 nights across our travels to Midland. Now that the property is a DoubleTree, it is undergoing massive renovations. I think this is a GREAT thing! The "spa" is gone - I didn't even know they had one and I'm a spa girl! The bar is going to be much larger and hopefully brighter and ... PLEASE ... smoke free! Let them smoke in the garage! To get to the South tower, you have to walk through a maze of the construction but the is all worth the end game.

Now, let's talk about Midland and hotels in Midland. If you want a room in Midland that has any quality at all, you better book 60 days in advance! YES! 60 DAYS! Why? The oil business is gushing with people trying to make money in Midland. So, for those of you that think there are problems with this property, just wait until 15 days prior to your trip and grab one of those hourly rooms in Odessa. After missing the Hilton / DoubleTree property by trying to book 45 days out on several occasions, I can tell you that this is the premiere property in Midland. And if you are expecting an Exec Lounge, don't bother. It makes business sense for DT to use that space for revenue rooms rather than free drinks.

I have quarterly business in Midland and this is my go-to property. Period. Do see my Tips For Choosing A Good Room.

Room Tip: Ask for a newly refurbished room. You will have to walk thru renovations, but if you don't ask for a new room, you may get a room that reminds you of the color and texture of oatmeal.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank DLemon
helen_futrell, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Midland Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Thank you so much for your lovely and accurate review of our property! I can't wait for this renovation to be finished and for you to return and enjoy the expansion to the lounge! The lounge is non-smoking now, with a separate cigar room with extra ventilation. It makes The Reserve amazing! I know you will love it!