“Great Place To Stay!!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Midland Plaza
Ranked #11 of 46 Hotels in Midland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 24, 2013

My Girlfriend and I went to Midland on a getaway trip from our normal small town lives. We stayed at the Double Tree. The gentelman up front asked if I was interested in Complementary Valet Parking. He was very professional and polite. The young lady behind the front desk was very helpful also. The cookies we got as we checked in were warm and delicious. (We bought some to bring back home) The room was a large room with a comfortable king sized bed. Room service was excellent! I had ordered a bottle of Shiraz wine, but the bar had opened their last bottle already, the crew did what I thought was above and beyond, and offered me a wonderful bottle of Moscato at a discounted price! The pool and hot tub were outside and it was freezing cold, so we did not utilize those facilities. The underground parking garage was well lit and was convenient. We stayed on the 10th floor with an overview of the city. Absolutely Beautiful!! The Hotel was still under construction, so there is a mess in some places and the 11th floor was under construction as well. They are working on improving the place so I wouldnt complain about it. My only complaint is that I did not get to stay longer...

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kevin H
helen_futrell, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Midland Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

I am so glad you had a wonderful time! I hope you and your wife will sneak away and visit us again soon! We look forward to it!

Reviewed February 6, 2013

The Double Tree Hotel in Midland is in a most convenient location in downtown Midland. Several good restaurants are within walking distance, and the hotel has restaurants and a bar of its own! The rooms are pleasant with comfortable, clean beds. Nice sheets, covers, and pillows felt almost like home! The shower tub was sparkling clean with a nice fresh two-layer cloth shower curtain, and the water did drain out fast! The room air conditioner worked well, and had quite a few settings. Great big, warm chocolate-chip/walnut cookies were available each day at the desk, and we loved them! Valet parking was a plus, as were the fast elevators in several locations. A large outdoor swimming pool on the second floor is hidden from the street level, and looks inviting. We will return to Midland soon, and do plan to stay at the Double Tree Hilton!

Room Tip: Our rooms were on the 7th floor -- very quiet with great views!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
helen_futrell, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Midland Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel! I am glad you had a nice time here and found everything to be to your satisfaction! We work hard to provide exceptional guest service to show you how much we value you! Thank you so much for this amazing review!

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Oil companies are gobbling up rooms like they're going out of style. Double tree of Midland is taking advantage and paying $300.00 plus for a night stay in a construction zone was not cool.
The crew on the night shift seemed unprofessional and not at par with what I expect from a Hilton/ Double tree employee. Walking past the makeshift meeting room / Lounge my wife and I didn't get that good ol Texas warm and fuzzy from the ( what we lovingly call here in Midland ) Oil Field trash hanging out after hours in the public area.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
helen_futrell, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Midland Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I'm sorry that we failed to provide that warm fuzzy you are accustomed to from us! We are almost finished with our renovation process, the public areas were the last to be started. I do understand that travel is difficult at best, and staying during a renovation is not a wow moment. I hope you will come back and see all the wonderful changes we have made for our guests. I am sure you will be impressed. To address rate, the oil boom drives the market here and we are in line with current market trends. We are neither the highest, nor are we the lowest. We are very proud of the updated guest rooms and restaurant, and the level of service that we provide here. I again apologize that you were inconvenienced during your last stay, and hope you will give us another chance to provide the warm fuzzy.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I have stayed here a few times and with the oil boom in West Texas, this hotel is very conveniently located to downtown at a reasonable price. Nice restaurant in the hotel; but also a few good restaurants within walking distance. We found a mexican restaurant and a very nice italian restaurant a few blocks away.

Room Tip: One time we had a great room and another time we had an average room (carpet was stained).
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
helen_futrell, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Midland Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Thank you for your review! I am glad that you enjoyed our property. Our room renovations are nearly complete and the public areas are well underway. Please return and see all of the wonderful changes we are making for our customers. I am glad that you enjoyed our restaurant as well as the ones in our neighborhood! They are all very good. Please contact me if i can be of assistance to you on your future stays with us, and thanks again for the great review!

Reviewed January 16, 2013

We arrived just ahead of the big snowstorm, so good to have the parking garage.Considering the hotel is under renovations, our stay of 3 nights on the 7th floor was fine. Our room was one of the newly remodeled so everything was clean and new. Wolfgang Ouck single serve coffee pot. Great breakfast buffet with great service. Starbucks coffee downstairs lobby.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
helen_futrell, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Midland Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

I wanted to thank you for your review of our hotel! I am so glad that you enjoyed your time with us! I hope you will be back to see us again after we have finished the renovation, so you can see all the improvements we have made for our guests!

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Ok, so I get that there is a shortage of hotels and hotel rooms in the Midland/Odessa area. However, I do not appreciate the insane mark up of the hotels that are available. A DoubleTree for $274 for an average room?!? I am not staying in a boutique hotel in a beautiful city. The price is outrageous. That being said, I hate to take away from what otherwise was a fine stay. The staff was nice and the hotel was in a nice location. There is construction going on and I heard complaints about paint fumes. I had a horrible cold and did not notice a smell. My room was very comfortable and roomy. The internet and desk was perfect for a business traveller like myself. I ordered room service and the food was just fine, exactly what I expected. It was a fine stay, I just cannot believe what they charge.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
helen_futrell, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Midland Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am glad you had a great experience with us! The oil boom in our local area has driven the pricing of all the local hotels up. We appreciate your business and hope that you will come and see us again soon!

Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

I recently stayed here for a night for work. The hotel is an older hotel that is amidst being remodeled. I feel that it was way overpriced for the quality, at least while they are currently under construction.

I have stayed at other double tree hotels for much less money and with better accommodations.

The room was clean, except for when I pulled the linen back on the bed and the sheets were soiled.

I contacted the front desk and they moved me to another room (actually, I moved myself at 11:00pm) :-/

Hopefully, they can improve in the future.

• Stayed: November 2012
helen_futrell, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Midland Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay here. As you said, we are under major renovation. We do our best to try to ensure a pleasant experience for all of our guests, even during construction. I hope that you will return and give us an opportunity to show you that we are better than what you experienced on your last visit.