“Great Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rushton
London, United Kingdom
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed at Rushton Hall as part of a wedding party and I would definitely like to go back for a weekend break with my husband to get the full benefit of the facitlities as we didn't have time to use the spa. From the moment we arrived the staff were excellent. Our state room was lovely - Lord Cullen - on the ground floor, overlooking the central courtyard with a canopied bed and a huge bathroom with a shower and role top bath tub. There were slippers, robes, tea/coffee making facilities and Penhaligan toiletries. The turn down service left us a spray for our pillows to help induce sleep, which wasn't needed after the party, but a nice touch. The wedding was well co-ordinated, a beautiful setting and the food was excellent. I would recommend it as a wedding venue as well as a weekend break. The communal rooms were lovely and even though we didn't use the spa we had a look and it looked very inviting especially the pool. Overall a great experience and I would happily stay there again.

I do have to thank Tom the door man as he went out of his way to help us. Our car had had problems on the way to the hotel and we had to call out the RAC. Tom dealt with as much as he could while we continued with the wedding festivities. He got the key from us, kept us posted and made sure the RAC man dealt with the problem which meant our meal didn't go cold and there was minimal disruption to our day. Thank you again Tom.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I was initially disappointed with the room, classed as a superior but I have had better rooms at a five star B & B, the website shows them at a good angle!, the lovely building undoubtably has much nicer rooms, our room was a bit cramped in that you couldn't open the wardrobe door because of the bedside table, small details hadn't been attended to, e.g. no shower gel and the carpet was stained, however the room was quiet.
The spa was reasonable although the receptionist wasn't very welcoming, the beautician Amy was excellent.
The staff in the bar and dining room were very friendly and welcoming and the food was very good indeed.

Room Tip: Ask for a state room or avoid the 'sable yard' rooms.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Firstly all the staff are fantastic the barmen where great on both nights engaging and excellent knowledge of the history. We only had a couple of issues one was mould on the bedroom wall which we did report but nothing was done or though they did offer to move us but we only expected them to come clean it disappointed they did not. And the thing that really let them down at 6:55am someone came into the gym below our room and put the music on full blast ridiculous in a classy hotel like this, obviously this woke us up and we reported it to reception it went off after 2 or 3 songs but to late and it was my birthday as well. What a shame because it is a beautiful place with excellent food it's a shame I have had to give a poor review

• Stayed March 2013
London
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I have never written a review before but I would just like to say in the last few years I have stayed at Rushton Hall at least three times. The hotel, location and staff are wonderful - Thank you for always making our stay perfect.

I have stayed at hundreds of hotels - Rushton far exceeds all others - my partner and I would love one day to make Rushton the ideal location for our wedding when the time comes.

Big thank you - Keep up the good work.

Mr Sweetlove

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Mattlondon_10
UK
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stayed here in a huge suite which had a fireplace in the bedroom, and a second bedroom off it (which we did not use). The bathroom was huge, with a tv and a roll top bath. Everything was immaculate and in keeping with such a beautiful old building.

We had the champagne afternoon tea in the Great Hall which in an experience in itself. Just wandering around the house provokes so many imaginings, it is an incredible building. Breakfast in the dining room was lovely, with food cooked to order. The grounds are beautiful too. We had the swimming pool to ourselves and used both the indoor and outdoor spas. All very clean and well maintained.

Staff were lovely and friendly and I would definitely return here.

Room Tip: The suite is amazing, had to be seen to be believed.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
West Midlands
Reviewed March 22, 2013

My husband and I bought a Groupon voucher and stayed for one night. The building is amazing and full of character. Everywhere was spotlessly clean and warm. The staff were professional and extremely helpful. Food was lovely and presented in a professional way. We will certainly visit again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I went to a wedding at Rushton Hall a few years ago and it was very pleasant. The food was good and the service was fine, two areas that are common shortcomings at weddings. However my first return since was not a great experience. Four of us went for afternoon tea, thinking that as they were seemingly trying to emulate the renowned afternoon teas at the likes of The Ritz and Claridges the experience would be similar. However it wasn’t. The issues were:

Two of us chose to have their option to have a glass of champagne with afternoon tea. However after they brought the scones and the tea and coffee after 10 minutes I had to chase them to bring the Champagne.
They had no skimmed milk
The ham and mustard sandwich I had was fatty. In fact none of the sandwiches were that good.
I do not expect to be the one making space on the table when being served.
At no point were we asked if we wanted refills of tea and coffee, I had to request it and it was a slow turnaround.
The attitude of the most senior member of staff left a lot to be desired. Either he has no experience of how service should be provided and what he should be trying to emulating/was trained inappropriately or he lacked pride in his job.

Last time I went for tea at Claridges they made it clear you were welcome to additional tea, coffee and patisserie/sandwiches if you wanted a few more. It was unclear if that was the same at Rushton Hall.
The patisserie was pleasant, the scones were good, the coffee nice and the Champagne once it arrived was also nice. The other things above let it down and I wouldn’t go back because of them.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Alex811
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rushton
Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,023 reviews
Kilworth House Hotel
Kilworth House Hotel
#1 of 1 in North Kilworth

Been to Rushton Hall Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!