“Fabulous spa, great value and quality treatments”

Rushton Hall Hotel and Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rushton
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I recently went to the day spa and, having been to several major city spas in the past, I was absolutely delighted to discover this fabulous spa set in the former stable block of a gorgeous house in a wonderful country location. What a find!

Throughout the day all the staff were very helpful and courteous and the individual therapists who trated me (massage, mani and pedi) were knowledgeable and confident. The individual treatment rooms were clean, relaxing and welcoming, and the spa pool, sauna, steam room and whirlpool were also clean and well maintained. The same applies for the showers and changing facilities.

Despite there being a wedding on at the hotel, and several guests using the spa, there was still plenty of room and it felt relaxing and calming. It's lovely to lay next to the pool and watch pheasants roam outside through the picture windows!

We had lunch in the spa's cafe which was fresh and good quality. The menu isn't very extensive (as you would perhaps expect), and it is perhaps a little on the pricey side for simple meals like sandwiches, salads and cakes, but otherwise we had no complaints. The giant slices of home made cakes and wine were a welcome addition to our otherwise healthy day out!

The one thing we all commented on that was perhaps lacking was a cozy lounge room which would be lovely to relax in after treatments if you have finished in the pool or wet areas.

In all, it's a lovely day spa and I will definitely be back soon.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed February 23, 2013

We stayed here for one night spa break. The building is gorgeous and our room was spacious and clean. The spa was very nice and we enjoyed a couple of treatments and using the pool. The staff are really friendly and helpful. The only problem is the food and other services available are in my opinion overpriced. So we ate at the local Thornhill Arms Restaurant/Bar and it was outstanding and very reasonable.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

We spent one night at Rushton last week and we were left wanting more. I recommend it to anyone wanting to get away and relax. Like many on here we used groupon and appreciate the discount. I will be looking out for further offers. The staff were really friendly on arrival and we were walked to our fab superior room. My three yer old walked hand in hand with the lovely receptionist and they chatted About the "castle" as my daughter called it. The leisure facilities were great- we explored the hotel and its grounds also. We ate in a lovely pub within walkin distance - ten minutes. (the road is quite dark) Breakfast the next morning was lovely and the staff again were very friendly.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We stayed here for a family wedding. The room was very nice & clean, surprisingly modern with a great view over the garden. The rooms, halls & gardens are all very exquisite. We went in the spa, which is very nice but i can see it being small if they have more than a few guests in there. I had a facial treatment which the Lady was very chatty, but also very informative. We had our dinner served to the room and it was delicious! The rooms the wedding ceremony, dinner & disco were in were very nice too. Some of the waiters were young, and maybe inexperienced if they came into any difficulties! The dinner & evening buffet were once again delicious!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 22, 2013

My fiance and I booked a 1 night stay through Groupon. From the beginning of our stay the service was excellent and every member of staff we came into contact with was helpful and friendly. The room itself was great and the spa was of a really high standard. We both indulged in treatments and the spa staff were also excellent.
I would highly recommend a stay at Rushton Hall and would be happy to pay full price for the standard of service and accomodation we got. We will be returning!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I booked to stay at the Rushton Hall Hotel through a Groupon deal for myself, my husband and my teenage daughter. I didn't have huge expectations, I just thought it would be a couple of days break from the our usual hustle and bustle. How wrong could i have been. This hotel is breathtakingly beautiful. We checked in and were shown to our room, which was 'The Hazelton Suite' on the top floor. We had 2 bedrooms and a generous sized bathroom. Everything was Immaculate. We spent our 1st day relaxing at the pool side after using the well equipped gym. It's a lovely size pool with plenty of loungers, a sauna, steam room and jacuzzi.

We decided to have dinner at the hotel restaurant, which was an a la carte menu and the food is first class.

We were offered a complimentary turndown service and had a lavender spray left on our pillows when we returned form dinner.

The next morning we had a sleek look i some of the other rooms this hotel has to offer and i can say I was in seventh heaven. The 'Lord Cullen' and 'Hope' rooms were some of my favourites, however the bridal suite 'the Oak Bedchamber' is out of this world. Everything is a dream. This is my favourite hotel I have stayed in in the UK and I will definitely return.

I would also like to mention the staff who were some of the nicest and most helpful i have come across.

The area is quiet and so pretty,not a great deal to do other than walk around the village (The local pub 'the Thornhill Arms' is great serving good food.)

I recommend for a spa break, wedding, romantic getaway or just some r&r!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank sheln21
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We had a two day break there - our second visit. The individually styled rooms have considerable charm as does the setting. The overall experience is let down by the overpriced restaurant which serves tasty but fussy cuisine that leaves you, as somebody put it, wanting a Big Mac afterwards. Can't fault the generous breakfast though. The spa could do with some updating. There is an outdoor jacuzzi which is only used subject to weather conditions. Despite it being a bright sunny day on our visit I was told it couldn't be used because it was too cold outside. It was out of use on our previous July visit also. The massage I had was good - but quite expensive at £40 for 25 minutes. The grounds of Rushton Hall are attractive and more could be made of them if proper walks were marked out with a vantage point looking at the nearby Triangular Lodge. Rushton Hall has a fascinating history which is barely referred to except when we were lucky enough to be given a guided tour on our first visit. I expect 95% of visitors leave knowing nothing about the fascinating history of the place. I really feel this could be a great selling point for such an unusual venue. Anyway I would recommend it for a short break and also the local pub serves great tasty meals at reasonable prices. I got the impression they pick up a lot of trade from Rushton Hall guests looking for a hearty meal on their second night.

• Stayed: February 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rushton
Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa
Talbot Hotel
Talbot Hotel
#1 of 1 in Oundle
Park Inn by Radisson Northampton

Been to Rushton Hall Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!