“Relax in comfort”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rushton
essex
“Relax in comfort”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

We booked this hotel through secret escapes and so got a superior room upgrade, which was marvellous. The bathrooms are enormous and there are beautiful views from the bedroom windows. Being a grade 1 listed building added to the splendour of the place, the Great Hall was particually impresive and this was the bar. we had a very enjoyable evening meal , if a liitle on the expensive side. Breakfast was unfortuanately of the DIY nature for the cereals, fruit etc but the cooked fare was served to table. The only other faults were that the staff were a little too keen to bring out the next course even when you had not finished the first one, (both evening & breakfast).But they were very friendly!

Room Tip: I always ask for a higher floor but this is a quiet location anyway. we had the Lake room & I ca...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
valhNorthamptonshire, Owner at Rushton Hall Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear Guest,

I thank you for your review and I sincerely apologise if there were issues during your dinner and your breakfast. I will discuss the matter with the Restaurant Team.

Valerie Hazelton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

I booked this hotel with a good B&B offer to take my Mum away for a few days. I wasn't quite sure what to expect but looked at other reviews and thought would give it a try.
We went midweek and had a lovely time. The staff were friendly and very helpful. We had quite a large room with two double beds, basic but very nice.
The food was amazing and would definitely recommend trying dinner in the restaurant.
We had some treatments in the spa which were very good and the therapists very nice. There's a small pool but it has quite a few chairs/loungers to relax in. There's also an outside hot tub.
Lovely grounds where you can walk.
There was a problem with the heating in the room but they sorted it immediately.
Probably couldn't afford to stay here if not on a deal, but would return.

Room Tip: Rooms on the same side of the building as reception, and looking out, rather than in to courtyard, c...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I thank you for your review and I am pleased you enjoyed your visit to Rushton Hall.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

We had a family weekend at Rushton Hall to celebrate Mum's 75th birthday. The whole team were brilliant - very friendly and helpful, nothing was too much trouble. The rooms are very comfortable, the hall itself full of history with comfortable, stylish places to sit and admire - check out the ceilings, the library, the great hall - the list is endless. Breakfast was very tasty with plenty of choice and hot food cooked to order which is always our preference. Afternoon tea was a treat and served in the sumptuous surroundings of the great hall. We took advantage of the sunshine when it arrived to have a stroll round the grounds - beautiful, tranquil place. When it was raining we enjoyed our time in the spa. We ran out of time before we could play snooker, Scrabble etc. All in all, a great place to visit.

Only one thing to mention (not a problem for us) - there can be a lot of stairs to some of the rooms so if you don't like stairs make sure you mention that when you book.

Room Tip: If you have time make the most of the hotel's history and facilities rather than just using it a...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Sandjay
Dear Guest,

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and your Mother's Birthday was a success.

I thank you for your review and I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you to Rushton Hall again in the future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

My partner and I booked a one night stay at Rushton to celebrate our 10th anniversary. We booked it through secret escapes and got a very reasonable rate (£89 for the room and breakfast).
Upon arrival we were very impressed by the outside of the hotel and the well kept grounds. We checked in and the staff were extremely friendly and welcoming, then Tom showed us to our room and told us where to go for dinner and a bit about the facilities which was really useful.
Our room, named the Hope, was beautiful and the bathroom was huge. It had everything we could need including free wifi and a broadband connection point, tea, coffee and bottled water as well as a dressing table with a huge mirror.
I had a facial in the spa which was relaxing and luxurious and then we used the other spa facilities (sauna, steam room, jacuzzi and swimming pool) these were very clean and well maintained.
We then had drinks in The Great Hall followed by dinner in the restaurant, once again the service was exceptional and the food was incredible. My partner had the beef and said it was one of the best meals he had ever had and we eat out quite regularly. The meal was quite expensive but you can tell why by the quality of the food. We were also given a complimentary amuse bushe and bread as were all the diners that evening.
We had a fantastic night's sleep, the bed was very comfortable. The only slight niggle I can find is that our shower was not very powerful.
Breakfast was delicious and all freshly cooked to order and there was a good range on offer.
Overall this is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in, the service was exceptional and the facilities are top class. We would definitely recommend Rushton Hall and we will return if we get the chance in future.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I thank you for your very positive review and I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.

I will look into the shower and if at all possible will improve the flow. I thank you for this information.

london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

We went with two other couples last week to Rushton Hall on a Secret Escapes deal.It was like walking onto the set of Downton Abbey, so atmospheric, a grand hall where Dickens wrote Haversham Hall and the biggest fireplaces and chandeliers you have ever seen. From the receptionist to the barman, to the waitresses to the chamber maids and the spa staff, everyone was friendly , helpful and efficient.
It would be the perfect place for a Christmas break.....We ate Sunday lunch there..a good deal at 20 per head for 28 day aged roast beef, with all the trimmings and sticky toffee pudd. Breakfats was good and all cooked to order.There are not many rooms considering the size of the place which is great, we were in suites named after the historical characters that had stayed there and had roll top baths and super comfy beds.
The atmosphere is not at all stuffy as we had first wondered about.
We walked down to the Rushton Arms for dinner, again good value if you don't want to eat at the hotel.
We spent the afternoon in the spa and I had a massage which was very good.There are lots of loungers and it is warm and relaxing in there.
All I can say is look out on Secret Escapes for the next deal and book it, loved it....will def be back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
valhNorthamptonshire, Owner at Rushton Hall Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and I thank you for your comments, particularly about the staff as this is extremely important to them.

I thank you for your review and I hope we will welcome you to Rushton Hall again in the future.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

Well Rushton hall Spa had a fireworks display.
Really enjoyed the the day and night, The other half had a full body massage and enjoyed it, then it was time to get ready for the night.. A free glass of bubbly which actually tasted nice, even had the other half’s shhhh don't tell on me. Then was Dinner time. as we were a couple we shared the table with others, I have to say it made the night everyone talked and had a laugh. The meal was well lets say set and small. To be fair it was a 3 course set meal.
The they put on a good firework display.
The room was lovely and clearly 4* lovely big shower and slipper bath. even free bottle of water.
Breakfast was a choice of Cooked brecki or healthy one...
The other half had another massage before we left. I went for a sauna the spa is free for hotel guest with slippers & robe.
I left there thinking we had a good deal, One night, 3 course meal, Free glass bubbly and Fireworks for 2 people £200

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I thank you for your review and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and our fireworks.

Francis Tresham from Rushton Hall was involved in the Gunpowder Plot and it is a pleasure to organise this event every year.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

Stayed here late Oct 2012 with my wife for a relaxing weekend just after we moved house.

On arrival, we saw that there was a wedding party and my heart dropped a bit, because in my experience the hotel usually dedicated itself to the wedding and all the other guests get it in the neck as a result.

However, thankfully this proved not to be the case at Rushton Hall.

We had a light lunch prior to our 3.30pm treatments which was excellent - except the Brownie which was served cold (on purpose) and was a bit stodgy. Good service and nice atmosphere though, if a tiny bit stuffy.

The treatments - I had the Total Timeout with Aimee and it was probably the best massage I've ever had - and I count in that massages I've had at Trump Hotels, Mandarin Orientals and one at the Burj Al Arab in Dubai. She was excellent.

We stayed in the Dukes Room which I found out is the top room in the hotel, although we didn't know it when we booked. This is quite simply the biggest hotel room and bathroom that I have ever stayed in. It was well appointed, came with wired and wireless wifi (both free, thankyou). I had doubts about the soundproofing of the room in the early evening - noise transmits quite well - but we slept soundly with no disturbances.

The bathroom is simply huge and superb in this room. Claw foot bath, two person shower, spacious and amply furnished, TV in a mirror etc. Very good.

Dinner was similarly excellent and if you're staying here you should consider eating in the restaurant, but you'll need to book in advance I expect. We had three courses and a bottle of wine and paid £120-ish for the lot. Service and food cannot be faulted - Masterchef-style, very very good.

Breakfast was of full English variety (other options available), served quickly, hot and again excellent.

We wouldn't hesitate to go back.

Room Tip: Stay in the Dukes Room.
Dear Guest,

I thank you for your lovely review.

I am delighted you enjoyed your visit and I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you to Rushton Hall again in the future.

Valerie Hazelton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rushton
Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Oundle
Kilworth House Hotel
Kilworth House Hotel
#1 of 1 in North Kilworth

Been to Rushton Hall Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!