“A much better experience”

Rushton Hall Hotel and Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rushton
Reviewed December 16, 2011

I think it's always important to revisit a venue after giving a mediocre review. In other words giving the establishment a chance to improve.

This is definitely the case at Rushton Hall for our anniversary booking. The biggest improvement was the quality of food and standard of service in the restaurant. This was indeed fine dining; unpretentious, expertly chosen, prepared quickly and efficiently. Waiting staff were a notch above average, discreet, professional and attentive but unobtrusive.

The spa has expanded since my first visit with the inclusion of a quality steam room and the much needed drinking water! This area is spotless and we witnessed the, what can only be termed intricate, Monday morning cleaning routine. Outstanding attention to detail by the person carrying out the duties.

Another addition is the Concierge service. The chap employed was helpful in the extreme taking the edge off the staff pomposity of my last visit. Nothing was too much trouble. I find that the Concierge can sometimes be a bit of a "Marmite" experience, either loved or hated. I loved this one!

Once again we opted for a room near the spa and it was well serviced, clean and spacious. the décor suits our tastes and room service was quick and efficient.

There has been a lot of bad publicity surrounding the Trip Advisor experience for owners. I believe that the owner of Rushton Hall is a shining example of reacting positively to constructive criticism and improving a mediocre/good experience into an excellent one.

This hotel is now top of the list for a local night away. Well done.

Room Tip: Rooms near the spa are quiet and spacious.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BigMamou
valhNorthamptonshire, Owner at Rushton Hall Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your second review and I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay this time.

Valerie hazelton

Write a ReviewReviews (1,249)

Reviewed December 14, 2011

Impressive building and very helpful and friendly staff. The spa was the best feature and the pool was modern with treatments available.
The rooms however were tired and the feel of the hotel was a bit "Eighties" with the restaurant definitely in that time warp in terms of food and mood.
Investment needs to be made to make this more contemporary - otherwise it is just another solid country house style hotel but others in that price range have moved on.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

I thank you for your feedback. All comments, good or bad are appreciated.

I believe that all hotels should be individual and that it would be a shame if all Grade I Listed stately home owners decided to take away their period charm for a more corporate look. All our rooms are kept to a high standard with good quality new furniture and antiques, flat wall mounted TVs, and our bathrooms are all to a high standard.

Reviewed December 11, 2011

The settting of this old building for christmas was fabulous. We sat in the Grand Hall, with the real log fire burning, christmas songs playing, the real christmas tree twinkling in the window and sank into the most comfortable sofa's possible drinking a hot chocolate whilst looking at the vaulted ceiling and old historic paintings - what a setting, if you can't unwind and relax here you never will!! Our room was warm, comfortable and had a humungous bathroom (with shower) - very modern but with the old twist to it. We had a dressing area on entering the room, so could shut the bedroom door to hall noise (very peaceful night was had). Only improvement could be in bed quality - double (I'm used to 6ft) and mattress meant I kept rolling into my husband. Staff exceptionally friendly and knowledgeable. Spa looked fabulous but as only stayed one night didn't get a chance to use. Location is very rural - sleepy village setting, exactly what we were after though. Went for a lovely walk in the morning around the grounds, very pretty. We were on a groupon deal so got a great price.

1  Thank Holidayladybug

Dear Guest,

I thank you for your very nice review.

We are permanently working on improving our guest experience and are looking at changing some of our double beds into king size beds whenever possible.

Reviewed December 11, 2011

Myself and a group of friends were lucky enough to stay at rushton hall last week. Our rooms, " truffles" and "plaine chamber" were delightful and each had their own unique personality and character. The staff were friendly, helpful and willing to help make our stay enjoyable. We didnt eat in th restaurant (instead choosing to take a walk up to the local pub) but we did enjoy cream tea in the great hall which was extra special as all the christmas decs were up.The next morning we enjoyed a hearty ful english before hitting the spa. If i had to give a negative it would be that the outdoor hot tub was nt in use- however this did not impact our stay. cant wait to visit again, this time with my partner. keep up the great work rushton

1  Thank sammyjanesmith

Dear Guest,

I thank you for your glorious review and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.

I hope we will welcome you to Rushton Hall again in the future.

Reviewed December 5, 2011

Fantastic house and setting. Marvellous place for a wedding I guess. As a hotel stay - very good. Excellent room, customer service, restaurant - dinner was first class. Pool and gym are up there with the best. Staff all excellent people. Nothing they can remedy quickly an probably don;'t want to, but the bar area is a bit grand, hushed and unfortunate for the waiter having to take orders walking around a massive Great Hall. Bit more informality, orderign at the bar and some draught beer would be a delight. Like every other hotel and shop in the world it's also way too warm inside.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I thank you for your feedback and I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.

It is not easy to keep a constant temperature in a building of the age of Rushton Hall but we are working on it and I hope we will soon have a more constant temperature.

Reviewed December 5, 2011

Having read some of the negative reviews about Rushton Hall before going I was a little wary however I cannot express what a wonderful night away my partner and I had. From the instant we arrived we were made to feel special as the reception staff even knew who we where before we told them. Check in was easy and we were personally escorted to our room.
We had lovely pre dinner drinks in the lounge and a fantatic dinner finished off with coffee, petit fours and dessert wine in the great hall.
Today has been a day of pampering with a 2 hour treatment each in the spa where all of the staff were friendly and could not do enough to make us feel welcomed and special.
We will definitely consider returning in the not too distnat future.
Well done Rushton Hall - have to say the negative comments here surely cannot be real!

Dear Guest,

I am extremely grateful for such a wonderful review and I thank you.

I hope we will have the pleasure of your visit again at Rushton Hall.

Reviewed December 5, 2011

We purchased like many of the reviewers on here the Groupon voucher deal. Slightly wary having purchased it and seen some of the reviews we were suitably impressed when we arrived. The reception team and Tom the Concierge were attentive and helpful. We succumbed to afternoon tea which was fantastic which gloriously light scones!
A quick dip in the pool and use of the Spa was relaxing, although the jaccuzzi could be slightly warmer! Then on to an evening meal in the restaurant. Our waiter for the evening, Nathan, was fantastic, very attentive and helpful without a fault even when it came to our deliveration on what to eat he provided genuine interest and help, plus an extra portion of cheese for me when my partner didn't go for the one I wanted to try!
My only two negative comments would be:
our room over looked the front which was obviously brightly lit for guests leaving at night, but meant that light streamed through and round the curtains and into the room, however just when my partner and I commented on this and were trying to work out how to move the curtains to shut out the light, all the lights seemed to be turned off, so thank you whoever was listening!
Secondly regarding the breakfast the next morning we didn't get down untill 9.30ish so missed out on the fantastic croissants we saw everyone else tucking into.

I will certainly be trying to persuade my partner for a return trip!

1  Thank CRsuffolk

Dear Guest,

I thank you for your review and I am sorry if the lights outside disturbed your sleep. I will of course do my best to find a solution to this. Regarding your breakfast, I am sorry if there were no croissants left for you. At 9.30am there are no excuses and for this I would like to apologise.

I do hope we will have the pleasure of your return in the future.

Valerie Hazelton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rushton
Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa
Talbot Hotel
Talbot Hotel
#1 of 1 in Oundle
Park Inn by Radisson Northampton

Been to Rushton Hall Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!